Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Staff?
(03-27-2012, 04:35 PM)Fragma Wrote: He has a few times. What's that got to do with anything though?
I was replying to the OP when he said "I'm putting my money on Ace or Breshie", obviously.
Adding to what has been discussed above, without the constant razing of new members to see if they're from HF and the bickering amongst members regarding that, I feel Support Forums will finally blossom out and grow.
In regards to some new features Omni, I had sent you a PM a few weeks ago and made a thread also asking whether I could start a small series of news threads to give a wide range of discussion on SF. You never really found time to reply to that. Tongue

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=25115

What say you now captain? Smile
To reply to the OP if i may. Bit late but none the less.
I have for some time felt SF needed more staff.
But my reasoning is obviously different to Omnis.
See i dont like a bad link on my site for one minute much less for a day or 12 hrs or whatever.
As stated in an earlier post in this thead Omni said if its only a few moderations a day then its not a problem.
For me one moderation by a administrator is one to many. Much less a moderation that could have been dealt with hrs earlier.
Now i do use twitter and facebook to directly post my content on some forums so this does become a factor for me personally but i would have thought it would be the same for everyone?

Either way i will continue to hit the report button when i see shitty spam posts until someone is appointed staff.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(03-27-2012, 12:40 AM)King Wrote: I'm putting money on Ace or Breshie. What do ya'll think?

How have I only just seen this thread?

Anyway, Omni flat out said that I'm never getting moderator, for some reason? So you may as well remove me from that list, haha. I'd say Ace too, but from what I've seen, Omni doesn't like him. I'd have to say Fragma, he was a great mod, it was Omni's fault he got removed, I doubt Mr. Fraggy would like to be mod again anyway. I'd also recommend Peter (we may not get on, but he knows how to run things) but he's too inactive, and only uses SF mainly to promote his forum.
(03-28-2012, 07:55 AM)BreShiE Wrote: How have I only just seen this thread?

Anyway, Omni flat out said that I'm never getting moderator, for some reason? So you may as well remove me from that list, haha. I'd say Ace too, but from what I've seen, Omni doesn't like him. I'd have to say Fragma, he was a great mod, it was Omni's fault he got removed, I doubt Mr. Fraggy would like to be mod again anyway. I'd also recommend Peter (we may not get on, but he knows how to run things) but he's too inactive, and only uses SF mainly to promote his forum.

I advertise my forum on other forums that allow it regardless. It may seem like that is the only reason I come on here, but you don't see me posting much because I find little interest in the current range of active topics. I check the New Posts every single day, and reply to ones that interest me.
(03-28-2012, 08:01 AM)Peter L Wrote: I advertise my forum on other forums that allow it regardless. It may seem like that is the only reason I come on here, but you don't see me posting much because I find little interest in the current range of active topics. I check the New Posts every single day, and reply to ones that interest me.

I could've swore that you said to me you only use this forum for advertising... Well, if not, then I recommend you.
Yes, Peter would be good choice if he's not busy with his forum
He has good experience in MyBB and is intelligent member too.
+1 for Peter.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
I think Omni himself is staff plenty.
(03-27-2012, 01:54 AM)Kewlz Wrote: I don't think Omni would be happy after reading this thread.
Because even sometimes I hate, someone from my forum telling me what to do. That's just like a disrespect to the owner's thinking, we are no one to tell him what he should do and whom he should appoint, If I was at King's place I wouldn't make this topic and would have waited until Omni appointed a new staff member or moderator.

Wasn't asking for new mods. Was just asking members who they thought had the potential.

Also, Omni, whatever happened to your philosophy debate site?
All this talk about the style of SF is nonsense. This is one of my favourite themes in MyBB, it's so calm and friendly. SF needs a couple custom features maybe, something to make it stand out. Only Omni knows that, he has all the stats, he masters the stats, SF is probably more active now than it should be as he has been distant from it (posting wise, he's admitted it himself).

Normally if a community relies on itself for content then it can fall. Yet most sections have posts in from today or yesterday and there is a community here, and if there's a community there's something to build on. SF will become one of the biggest and most active MyBB forums I can tell you that. Do you guys really need a new moderator? I can't imagine being too many reports, you all seem to get along.

Once you join SF you quickly get into it. I joined here initially for a place to advertise my forums, but, I started to visit daily and browse all sections and quickly you want to start posting. It's just having that insentive to sign up. For guests, who are not from HF and don't own a site, why would they want/need to sign up? I'm looking forward to Omni's idea anyway.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome Damink to Staff Omniscient 34 5,391 06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Hazard
  No staff today? InfamousKnight 7 1,730 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Inactive Staff Peter L 49 11,211 02-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Why am I not staff? Sam 22 4,022 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Welcome Jay, to the Staff team. Sam 53 17,058 10-28-2010, 02:23 AM