Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthiest Milk?
Idk, I heard skim was healthy, but I think it tastes like water, with like a little bit of milk.
I personally drink Vitamin D, or the red cap Smile
I have also completely stopped drinking milk. I used to drink a lot of it. I would say 1% is the healthiest. Or possibly organic.
Milk is good for bones. I usually drink normal cow milk.
(03-24-2012, 08:03 AM)Divine Wrote: Milk is good for bones. I usually drink normal cow milk.
Have you ever tasted goat milk? You'd be glad to drink cow on a regular basis, this stuff is disgusting-- it tastes kind of like water with a drop of milk in it.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
I would say that "soy milk" is the healthiest. When you think about it, milk from an animal is really meant for their young. We were not meant to drink cow's or goat's milk. We don't even want to discuss all the hormones and additives that the animal milk has. Even if it is a pure animal raised in the most organic sense, it is simply not meant for our consumption.
iDiDiT,
i was out of the milk game for a long time, too. I've been on a diet of health food with very little dairy and almost no meat for years and it did me a lot of good. By joining other people and from literature i learnt a lot about good food, which worked for me.

Milk we used very sparingly, because it's said to be not good for us but meant for cow babies; and it creates a lot of mucus in the body. (Once the mucus had gone, i indeed felt a lot better. )

Instead of cow's milk, we used :
-Goat's milk. This is said to contain different enzymes from cow's milk, and therefore easier for our bodies to digest.
- Oat milk and almond milk. Both you can buy in shops but you can also make it yourself if you like.
(we used soy milk too, but not often, as some people don't do well with soy, for it's hard on the digestive system.)

As nuts, seeds, beans, grains and even veggies contain protein too, there's no need to worry about lack of protein when you don't use milk. In any case it's a myth that we should eat so much protein.
When you eat meat and eggs, then also the risk of vitamin B12-deficiency is not big, and seaweed, spirulina, chlorella etc. are good sources of (trace-)minerals, protein and B-vitamins (plus they help clean the body).

Calcium is necessary for a.o. bones and teeth, but the calcium in cow's milk is said to be of a kind which our bodies can't use very well, this in contrary to the sources of calcium found in, for example, spinach, seaweed or rhubarb.

Note: organic products are in any case better than the regular things because of the genetically manipulated ingredients/ pesticides/E-numbers/antibiotics they contain, which are said to be the cause of several types of (food) allergy, cellulitis, many other complaints..and anyway who wants these unhealthy ingredients inside their body.