Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebBot - Program to Decode Internet Information for Future Predictions
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeL9B_ori-A[/yt]
I think this is just another media-driven lie. I don't see how a "program" can predict the future by gathering information from the internet.
(03-06-2012, 07:47 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I think this is just another media-driven lie. I don't see how a "program" can predict the future by gathering information from the internet.

Then you're being closed minded though. There's lots of informational data being posted on the web expanded everyday. How we could know what kind of information this can reveal is unknown to us because we couldn't possibly imagine "knowing" this amount of data in our own minds.

Look at this:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFQJx-TVIY[/yt]

All it has to do is look for trends in keywords from the infinite amount of keywords by spyderbots on the web which can interpret a final result.

There was a "virus" that was able to go out not too long ago, and receive data from network remotes and pinpointed them globally on the world. All leading back to Iran for some informaitonal purposes probably created by the CIA. However, it basically works in the same principle as web bot but for a different purpose. This kind of programming is out there.

We put this information out there for everything, from past history to the most updated news today, nonstop, so there's no lack of information available to interpret.

How many times do you hear about something, and want to post about it on Facebook? Twitter? etc...

Manifestation based on collective data from spyderbots on the interweb. Not saying it is true, but why can it not be true?
Many have been using info like this on youtube for there "truth" channels.
Some of it is funny and some a little scarey.
Did you notice the simpsons episode where grandpa simpson opened his diary and it showed "waiting to die" over and over again on every page and on feb 3rd i think it was it had "die"
Well alot of people said that was a sign. And i guess perhaps it was given the weather in the US on that day and the amounts of people killed.

Can a program predict future events based on keyword searches?
Nope more than likely it will simply pull data that is more probible than not.
If lets say the US is doing its usual think of war threats then people may well be inclined to search WWIII or something.
Now this program will pick up on that and perhaps make a calculated decision based on those trends.
Speculating a war is more likely than not.
Does it mean its accurate? No it simply means its doing basically what google is.
Balancing keywords based on demand and giving weight to those. Perhaps more than simply keywords.
None the less it can never predict humans. Humans cant predict humans and we program computers/
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Quote:Can a program predict future events based on keyword searches?

Trends, it's just data analysis in simplest methods of looking at it. I'm not saying that this thing is psychic, but phone lines are networking, lots of things are, if it can collect that data, along with everything else available on the interweb i'm sure it can come up with some pretty big things. Especially since it's been collecting data since before the year 2000.

Quote:Nope more than likely it will simply pull data that is more probible than not.

Probability... Is that not a method of prediction?

Quote:Does it mean its accurate? No it simply means its doing basically what google is.

Google doesn't interpret anything, it collects.

Quote:None the less it can never predict humans. Humans cant predict humans and we program computers

We can't calculate like computers, so how does this make things like the webbot impossible? AI is programmable. Crawlers and Spiders are already out there searching around.

It doesn't have to predict humans, it predicts the trends based on the large collection of data that we provide it with. The whole skepticism here comes with the lack of knowledge people have with today's technology. We already have technology that would be almost unimaginable right today at this very moment, and in which already exists, I can guarantee that. We have technology way more advanced for what we can understand or know what to do with in our current day and age in my opinion. This senselessness makes us vulnerable to many bad things.
(03-07-2012, 03:16 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Trends, it's just data analysis in simplest methods of looking at it. I'm not saying that this thing is psychic, but phone lines are networking, lots of things are, if it can collect that data, along with everything else available on the interweb i'm sure it can come up with some pretty big things. Especially since it's been collecting data since before the year 2000.

Quote:Nope more than likely it will simply pull data that is more probible than not.
Probability... Is that not a method of prediction?

Quote:Does it mean its accurate? No it simply means its doing basically what google is.

Google doesn't interpret anything, it collects.

We can't calculate like computers, so how does this make things like the webbot impossible? AI is programmable. Crawlers and Spiders are already out there searching around.

It doesn't have to predict humans, it predicts the trends based on the large collection of data that we provide it with. The whole skepticism here comes with the lack of knowledge people have with today's technology. We already have technology that would be almost unimaginable right today at this very moment, and in which already exists, I can guarantee that. We have technology way more advanced for what we can understand or know what to do with in our current day and age in my opinion. This senselessness makes us vulnerable to many bad things.

LOL Ace.
Ok mate the webbot is all powerful and more knowlagable than humans.

The subtleties of a human are far beyond computers and technology IMHO.
Sure we can get a rocket to go around the world and blow up a car on the other side of the globe.
But if i was to say to a mate "i am going to kill you" would this all mighty technology be able to decifer the fact i am taking the piss? Nope it would take it literally.
If i was to tell a mate " i love you" does that mean i am gay? No means im prob drunk.
Why am i debating this? <-- question to self...
Not going to bother.
You think technology has really come that far then you enjoy that beleif.
Look back to Roman times. The technology they had back then cant be replicated now so i dont thing were quite as smart and advanced as you think. With war perhaps yes. Something we excel at (thanks US)
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I was researching WebBot around a year ago. Apparently, you have to pay for predictions. Also, it's not very accurate, just heavily advertised.

The concept that human minds are linked, or can predict the future subconsciously may be interesting, or even true, but web results will never reflect this.

The program is not actually a fortune telling magical machine, in my opinion. It just gathers text, that it is all it does.
(03-07-2012, 03:49 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: LOL Ace.
Ok mate the webbot is all powerful and more knowlagable than humans.

The subtleties of a human are far beyond computers and technology IMHO.

You haven't been keeping tabs on the robots we've created in modern technology then.

(03-07-2012, 03:49 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: But if i was to say to a mate "i am going to kill you" would this all mighty technology be able to decifer the fact i am taking the piss? Nope it would take it literally.

But you're saying here that just because a robot can't detect sarcasm, means it's not smart at all? That is a flaw with robots, that MAY be fixed in the future or already is fixed, but this doesn't mean they can't be smart. That's falsified logic. What if you had a bot that knew everything about the world, but couldn't detect the emotion of humans? That automatically limits their "IQ" to a lower level than Humans?

(03-07-2012, 03:49 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: If i was to tell a mate " i love you" does that mean i am gay? No means im prob drunk.
Why am i debating this? <-- question to self...
Not going to bother.
You think technology has really come that far then you enjoy that beleif.
Look back to Roman times. The technology they had back then cant be replicated now so i dont thing were quite as smart and advanced as you think. With war perhaps yes. Something we excel at (thanks US)

Quote:The technology they had back then cant be replicated now so i dont thing were quite as smart and advanced as you think.

Perhaps not, but does that make us stupid just because we are in comparison here? Another thing you have to think about. And this doesn't have anything to do with the topic of Webbot itself.

StarBreak Wrote:The program is not actually a fortune telling magical machine, in my opinion. It just gathers text, that it is all it does.

Of course not, you guys are taking things completely out of proportion here. It's human nature to twist logic into something that makes sense for us to prove something wrong, and that's exactly what you're doing here.

It does not fortune tell anything, it analyzes data (not just collect it) and predicts the trends based on that data. This is an experiment from human intellect manifested through the world wide web. How it has predicted some things in the past makes it interesting, as it shows there may be something more to humans than we know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CIA Virus Stuxnet (SCADA System Worm) - Pandora's Box of New Malware In The Future? AceInfinity 0 664 03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Information system assignment. Extasey 0 417 11-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Extasey
  [Winner] Read for more information. Skill 27 3,143 10-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Skill
  [Contest] Read for more information. Skill 37 3,965 10-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Lord_Scorch