Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting way to eat healthier in cities
There is a new company called Citysprout launching in June. It's basically an online marketplace where you can go and purchase a share of organic fruit and vegetables in your area of a city from different farmers during the week. The farmers get rid of their excess food and consumers don't have to commit to a whole summer's worth of produce.
This is where I found them: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1372...ref=search

seems cool, comments?
Does look pretty cool, I would <3 to back but poor myself.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
Oh, wow. I didn't know a thing like this existed. To tell the truth, I've never purchased food online, let alone organic fruits and veggies.

I do love them though, they make you feel a lot better than eating chemical-filled tomatoes and things.

Sites that connect people like that are making the world more interconnected for everyone, and improving everyone's lives. I'll definitely check out that site when it comes out.
I agree, I think it is great that city dwellers can finally have a place to get csa food without paying a thousand dollars in may, and then not being sure if you can use all of it. Also I just found out that whole foods 'Organic' actually comes from China, where the fda approves different rules for being certified organic. It seems as though you can't trust anything that says local or Organic. It would be great to meet my farmer when I bought his food.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cultu...esome.html
That looks pretty good, I'l check it out.
They're offering a horrible deal in exchange for $5; they should include another option for a $1 and they'd get a ton of sponsors.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
It seems kind of expensive! But I think its a neat idea! Just don't know if it will stick.
Looks nice, that will help the families of the growers which is the most important.
Looks to be a good source. THanks a lot for sharing it with us.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often do you workout and how well do you eat? Bat Wang 2 899 10-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Bat Wang
  For people who eat alot, 'F R O Z E ™ 29 8,490 12-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Last Post: joyee
  I eat.... Rilf 36 5,510 12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Shutdown™
  What'd you eat for breakfast today? Elektrisk 185 47,389 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Weezч™
  Where's your favorite place to eat? Scalise 82 13,138 10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Prince