Poll: Will you buy Windows 8?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I can't wait to get it and I plan on buying it straight away.
5.00%
1 5.00%
I'll leave it for a while, see what people think, then maybe upgrade.
40.00%
8 40.00%
I don't plan on buying it.
55.00%
11 55.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8 (Y/N)
I don't think I will be buying straight than.. I will rather test it on a friends computer and then decide if i should buy it or not.
[Image: IYOy9.png]
(02-13-2012, 05:08 PM)Fragma Wrote: Looks like the Xbox interface (childish).

It's nice to see they're trying a different way of using your computer, however I think the direction they're going in is the wrong one.

That's an extremely biased opinion, just because you're a PS3 fan. (although I agree the GUI for Xbox is obviously targeted to children).

I am looking forward to the release, I'm obviously going to try it pirated, I wont be able to afford the price of it, IMO it's WAY overpriced.
I'd give it a spin to see if I like it.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Consumers preview comes out within the next month or two apparently
(02-15-2012, 09:53 AM)BreShiE Wrote: That's an extremely biased opinion, just because you're a PS3 fan. (although I agree the GUI for Xbox is obviously targeted to children).

I am looking forward to the release, I'm obviously going to try it pirated, I wont be able to afford the price of it, IMO it's WAY overpriced.
Want a free copy, HMU, I can get you a copy.

Other than that, the interface is more "modern" IMO. I like it & would get into it because it's modern.
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
I tried the Dev, hated it from installation.
Thought id give it a few days, uninstalled it after 2 days of ugliness
Its a tablet OS nothing else.
[Image: banner2.gif]
The Windows 8 consumer preview is already out, I believe. To me, it looks more like a tablet OS than Windows 7 or Mac OS X.

Perhaps it will change the way computing works, and the way we use our computers.
Yeah I wasn't too impressed with the consumer preview. I might be convinced if the app thing works out though.
It just doesn't feel good on a desktop, I suppose it will be good for tablets.
I am definitely staying with windows 7 until reviews are out. I remember switching to vista when it first came out... bad idea.
[Image: mpPf3.png]
Please Follow My Pins!