Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea Discussion: SF Weekly World News
What I had in mind is a weekly thread with a news roundup of important events that took place in the past week, mostly containing internationally-relevant news. There will also be sub-sections in the news for Tech, Media, Gaming, etc. And we can have a fun comics and games section too if it gets popular.
After the main bulk of the news, there will be a short follow-up/supplementary post with SF-related news and important threads which the members have come up with like guides, tutorials, etc.

I know this might at first seem kind of unnecessary in a support forum. But I know this will turn out to be an amazing thing for the forum if it is maintained. Not only will it be a boost for the forum and its activity, it'll also highlight some important news and threads.
Also, the weekly news thread can offer a platform for the members to share their views on the week's events and add their own two cents. I am confident that, with the support of the members of the forum, it will turn out to be a successful project and hopefully even a staple addition of quality content for the forum.
I'm just putting it out there. If Omni gives the green light, then maybe this can be taken to the next step.

What I would like to find is you opinion on this and what you think would be a great addition to this. Your thoughts on this please? Smile
Good idea personally, I would say it would take an official group or community of people that are dedicated to do this though. If it's just an idea that people start, it will go for a few weeks, then probably just die off.
(02-12-2012, 05:32 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Good idea personally, I would say it would take an official group or community of people that are dedicated to do this though. If it's just an idea that people start, it will go for a few weeks, then probably just die off.

Exactly what I was thinking. If we need to make it good, get people to contribute and motivate them, we would need an awesome group to go with it. Big Grin
Maybe even contain all the posts in a sub-section of OSHIT after it crosses like 7 or 8 editions.
Moved to SN&F.
I'd be down with this. It would be a fun, community based thing Big Grin
Since I'm hitting 500 posts soon I could turn it into an official group and everything.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
It's quite a good idea, but to be honest, not that much goes down which's worth taking note of. But yeah, it would be interested to see. Nice post, Chaos.
(02-13-2012, 12:09 PM)D3xus Wrote: I'd be down with this. It would be a fun, community based thing Big Grin
Since I'm hitting 500 posts soon I could turn it into an official group and everything.

Community based indeed. Smile

(02-13-2012, 03:57 PM)BreShiE Wrote: It's quite a good idea, but to be honest, not that much goes down which's worth taking note of. But yeah, it would be interested to see. Nice post, Chaos.

Its not going to be based on SF. It'll be like an international newspaper with a section for SF-related news as well. Smile
So, what do you guys say? Is it an idea worth the effort?
Also, anyone interested in giving this a shot?

I can come up with the graphics, layout and management. If anyone is interested, they can help me edit and provide some content.
(02-16-2012, 10:45 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: So, what do you guys say? Is it an idea worth the effort?
Also, anyone interested in giving this a shot?

I can come up with the graphics, layout and management. If anyone is interested, they can help me edit and provide some content.
I sent a PM. Did you receive it? :S

[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(02-17-2012, 05:28 AM)D3xus Wrote: I sent a PM. Did you receive it? :S

Nope. :/
Did you send one? Try sending it again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Idea] Signature for use on other sites? Roger Waters 1 508 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  An idea for the SF twitter D3xus 24 2,796 01-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Last Post: DoX
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,767 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Where do we create news threads? wtftwice 2 845 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: wtftwice
  [Suggestion] News/Politics Section Nemmyy 8 1,247 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy