Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An idea for the SF twitter
Revive the SF Twitter account (or remove it from the SF Header altogether.) It would be cool for Omni to tweet updates and news as he does for HF. The Twitter account could be member run or admin run... what do you think?
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Last post in July of 2010. Is the account lost or is Omni just inactive on it? I don't see much use in the account for updating news as not much changes around the site, but it'd be nice to maybe get some info posted, not sure what though.
It'd be nice to have it updated, but not a huge priority at all now. Most updates can be found by going to Omni's profile and just checking his threads.
I really don't think it's too big of a deal as you can just come here to find out what is new and/or updated.
Though, I'm sure it couldn't hurt.
I was just thinking about the Twitter the other day. It's still mine. Pain in the butt switching between Twitter accounts. Plus I'm not even sure what the heck I would tweet about SF.

I'll think more on this.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
You added a couple more groups recently since you last "tweeted", you could make it a post about the changes that have occurred over the past while. I'd agree though, created one for my site but it gets repetitive. Not sure what the hell i'd tweet about if it was for a personal account of mine, seems like a waste of time. You just need followers if you're doing it for marketing purposes.
(01-08-2012, 03:49 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I was just thinking about the Twitter the other day. It's still mine. Pain in the butt switching between Twitter accounts. Plus I'm not even sure what the heck I would tweet about SF.

I'll think more on this.

Considered using TweetDeck? It would make it a lot easier to do.
@Omniscient: Someone could run the twitter for you, like if you sold the rights to a SF member who you deem worthy or whatever.
(01-08-2012, 12:27 PM)Diabolic Wrote: @Omniscient: Someone could run the twitter for you, like if you sold the rights to a SF member who you deem worthy or whatever.

Why would he have to sell the rights? I doubt anyone would purchase it, and if they did, they wouldn't have the right intentions most likely.
I've gotten into the habit of tweeting about HF regularly. I guess I'll do so now for SF too. It will likely inspire me to make changes.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Idea] Signature for use on other sites? Roger Waters 1 507 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Idea Discussion: SF Weekly World News BlackChaos 22 4,196 03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  SF Twitter Account Virtual Reality 4 1,195 11-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Twitter in Profile and Postbit Omniscient 13 2,343 08-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cheeseburger
  Idea for section Foresight 21 3,459 04-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Foresight