Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch file to shutdown computer.
(11-04-2009, 03:15 PM)Extasey Wrote: I don't really know what that is, But I would like to do it in VB as I need to jump back on the horse. I have stopped coding for so long and now I've started to forget things (such as how to make a cmdExit button).

What do you mean by a cmdExit button?
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
A commandbutton that exits the program.

Code:
Private cmdExit_click ()
End
End Sub
exactly. doing it like that would be simple, just not very visual
you cant do it in batch
you can do it but it will be a cmd window

Code:
@echo off
title Shutdown
@mode con cols=35 lines=5
color 1f
echo Shutdown? (Y/N)
:a
set /p option="> "
if /i %option%==y shutdown -s
if /i %option%==n exit
goto a
I wanted to this with javascript/active X

(11-04-2009, 01:25 PM)Climate Wrote: If Im not wrong then this could be easily done in Autoit.

Yes it is.
You just have to download Autoit for free and read some tutorials ;) And BAM! Magic is done! haha Big Grin
Meh, i'm over it now. Thanks for your continued support, but i'm not fiddling with custom shells anymore. The program I made was pretty asthetically pleasing and suited the theme of my computer pretty well, but the shell was too unstable for me to continue using. Windows 7 looks good enough anyway...
You can shutdown in batch but i'm not sure about making a popup, although it can be achieved in python.
I had a batch file which can shutdown computer but i've recently lost it,if i find it again,i'll share it with you mate.
That's really weird,Ninja
You can do an OK with msg *

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pass Generator Batch script AceInfinity 0 736 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Batch tutorial goes here? fanta 3 1,247 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM
  [Batch] Trick - View Environment Variables AceInfinity 0 833 05-05-2012, 07:01 PM
  [Batch] Quick Drive Information Script (Created by AceInfinity) AceInfinity 17 6,519 02-09-2012, 08:10 AM
  [Batch Game] Rock, Paper, Scissor by Hack0pz hackopz 3 2,345 01-22-2012, 05:17 PM