Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Might Become A Teacher o_O
(02-18-2012, 07:30 AM)BreShiE Wrote:
Quote:I have pretty much mastered HTML, there's only additional head tags that I need to learn.

There is so much more that goes into HTML, and I doubt you know it all or have worked with it all to say you have it mastered. Especially with html5 (yes that is still html). Don't say you mastered something you haven't.
(02-18-2012, 07:37 AM)Peter L Wrote: There is so much more that goes into HTML, and I doubt you know it all or have worked with it all to say you have it mastered. Especially with html5 (yes that is still html). Don't say you mastered something you haven't.

Once again, please read over what I said. I never said I did master it, but I'm close. I know there's a crap load that goes into HTML, but that's not HTML itself, is it? Stop trying to flame me on this site, and then turn around on AIM and befriend me, choose one or the other.
(02-18-2012, 07:52 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Once again, please read over what I said. I never said I did master it, but I'm close. I know there's a crap load that goes into HTML, but that's not HTML itself, is it? Stop trying to flame me on this site, and then turn around on AIM and befriend me, choose one or the other.

You said you are pretty close to mastering it, then said you only need to know more head tags. Which implies you know everything except the head tags. I'm not talking about what goes inot HTML, I'm talking about HTML. And you do not know even 25% of it mostly because of html5. You are not close to mastering it. I "flame you" when you say stupid crap, like you have here. If you say the same stupid crap on AIM I react the same. Go and re-read our chats and you'll notice my attitude towards you changes on how dumb you are in that moment.
Fine, does this suite you better?

I've nearly mastered the BASICS of HTML, I only need to learn the extras that go inside the head tags like meta etc...

Jeez, you have to pick up on every little detail.
The simple truth of this, teaching is not easy. What you should do is, always prepare your lessons in advance and practice them using a video camera.

The thread is pretty old, not sure if you still need this. :p

Don't let Peter L get you down, he's giving opinions not facts.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
(02-18-2012, 08:18 AM)Cronus Wrote: The simple truth of this, teaching is not easy. What you should do is, always prepare your lessons in advance and practice them using a video camera.

The thread is pretty old, not sure if you still need this. :p

Meh, I've made my mind up that I'm going to do it, but reading peoples comments is a bit of a confidence booster.
(02-18-2012, 08:17 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Fine, does this suite you better?

I've nearly mastered the BASICS of HTML, I only need to learn the extras that go inside the head tags like meta etc...

Jeez, you have to pick up on every little detail.

Well there was a huge difference in what you said and what you changed it to. I was saying don't teach something you don't have an extensive amount of knowledge about, especially to people paying for an education.
(02-18-2012, 08:52 AM)Peter L Wrote: Well there was a huge difference in what you said and what you changed it to. I was saying don't teach something you don't have an extensive amount of knowledge about, especially to people paying for an education.

People don't pay for an education here in the UK, only Universities. I'll only be teaching the very basics. Like formatting text, links, images. The very, very easy stuff. Obviously I couldn't teach something I don't know, that would be stupid. You seem to think very little of me, but I do know quite a lot about HTML.

I just took the W3S HTML Quiz and got 20/20, so, yeah.
I think you should go for it, what ever makes you happy! You should be doing a job that you want to do not that you have to do!
Go for it! Sounds like a great opportunity to share your knowledge with the world! Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just downloaded 2.39GB of Daft Punk O_o Logan 15 1,856 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Soundwave