Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Might Become A Teacher o_O
TL;DR: I may be teaching HTML at my college, shall I do it?

I've just been talking with my tutor at college, and I was showing him the design of my newest site (http://breshie.com) and he said he quite likes the design of it. I told him how I'm going to re-design it much better and showed him an example of what it should look like once it's done and he said he likes he.

He then jumped up to say how loads of people on the same course as me are interested in web design but they have no one at the college who can code (we had a program developer but he's left now to do another coding course). So he said if I was to write up a 6-20hour basic HTML/Web Design course, he would put it through to the college that we're a part of and see if I/we could teach it at this college and get funding for it.

I tried to tell him how I feel I'm not good enough to actually teach it but he said how it would only be the very basics, so nothing like PHP/CSS integration. I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to do this, from what people have previously told me I feel as if I'm not good enough to go through with it.

So what do you guys think? No trolling please, this could be a serious career choice.
You should definitely go for it. Not only will this be a terrific opportunity for your growth as a programmer, it will also make you more and more perfect in your coding and programming styles. As they say, teaching is the final step to learning.
I would whole-heartedly support your decision to go ahead and teach those students to the best of your ability. Who knows, you might even surprise yourself and learn a thing or two. ;)
Thanks for your reply Chaos. Means a lot mate. Smile

I probably will end up doing it but I've got a lot of planning and researching to do yet. So after doing that and reading further comments on here I'll make my decision.
Anyone else got any comments for this?
I think you should go for it man! My best advice would be to teach it with confidence. I know you said you don't know if you're confident enough but just remember it's not a big deal if you make a mistake. Everything doesn't have to be perfect. My college professors make mistakes all the time; it's natural. Just give your students a chance to learn from you and allow yourself to learn from them. Good luck and I hope everything works out!
Ya, take a crack at it, never know what could happen without you trying Big Grin
This is life & it's not so serious where if you fail, you'll die Big Grin
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
You should go for it! It would help you learn more. Not to mention it would look good on your resume.
You should give a try at it Smile You will gain alot of experience and confidence for the future life which would help u sometime later in life. Smile

Wish ya luck.
[Image: IYOy9.png]
Pretty legit. You could also build your HTML along the way. sounds like a great idea to me.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
You should at least try it out. If you would get funds from it, I would hop right on that. Make sure it's ONLY the basics if you aren't that good. Anything more might land you in a little bit of a bad spot to be.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just downloaded 2.39GB of Daft Punk O_o Logan 15 1,856 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Soundwave