Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 or XBOX
Which one should I get?
I know xbox you gotta pay to get online, but the feature seems pretty sick compared to playstaion network which is poorly organized.
Xbox.

Trust me man you'll be much happier with it. It's an awesome console, in fact, I'm going on now.
It depends.. Both are just as powerful as each other, so it mainly comes down to cost..
Xbox might seem cheaper in the short run, but in the long run, paying for Live is going to equal it out, if not cost you more.

It's also down to what exclusive games you like, I'm sure you can Google a list of them and compare.
Then there's controller preference. I can't use anything other than a PS3 controller because I'm more comfortable with it.
With PS3, online isn't as good as Xbox, but it's still pretty damn good and you can't notice much of a difference.
I'd say you get more for your money with PS3, in that it has an included Bluray player, and just generally has more features.

Also when you play PS3 online, you don't get as many 11 year old kids raging over their mics.
On the other hand, if green is your favourite colour, then go for Xbox.. (That's the only reason I can see anyone wanting to buy it over the PS3).

Oh, and the GUI on the PS3 is so much cleaner and professional than the childish menu screens that Xbox has.
(01-25-2012, 10:53 AM)Fragma Wrote: It depends.. Both are just as powerful as each other, so it mainly comes down to cost..
Xbox might seem cheaper in the short run, but in the long run, paying for Live is going to equal it out, if not cost you more.

It's also down to what exclusive games you like, I'm sure you can Google a list of them and compare.
Then there's controller preference. I can't use anything other than a PS3 controller because I'm more comfortable with it.
With PS3, online isn't as good as Xbox, but it's still pretty damn good and you can't notice much of a difference.
I'd say you get more for your money with PS3, in that it has an included Bluray player, and just generally has more features.

Also when you play PS3 online, you don't get as many 11 year old kids raging over their mics.
On the other hand, if green is your favourite colour, then go for Xbox.. (That's the only reason I can see anyone wanting to buy it over the PS3).

Oh, and the GUI on the PS3 is so much cleaner and professional than the childish menu screens that Xbox has.

Thanks, that's really helpful.
It sorta makes up my mind, the thing that haunts me about the box is the gamertag. I like the concept of gamertag.
I also always thought ps3 was more expensive then xbox lol.
If you are going to be playing online, Xbox. The community is amazing. PS3 is very quiet, but they have epic single player.
Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow
(01-25-2012, 11:14 AM)Meat Wrote: Thanks, that's really helpful.
It sorta makes up my mind, the thing that haunts me about the box is the gamertag. I like the concept of gamertag.
I also always thought ps3 was more expensive then xbox lol.

This is where some bad things are going to happen. Fragma has a PS3 and I have an xbox.

Sure, the PS3 us cheaper in the long run, but the downtime is horrendous, and also if you want to change your online alias, you have to create a whole new account all together, whereas Xbox is just a small fee of 800MSP to change your name!

I have heard peoples arguments from people who have both consoles and they always mention how bad the graphics is on the PS3 compared to the 360. To be quite honest, I've used pretty much every console that has ever came out, and I prefer the 360 to all of them.

You basically have a choice on what you want to do.

An all round better experience = Xbox
Cheaper, and Blue Ray = PS3
Oh, and also you can talk to your online friends in an "Xbox live party" whereas on the PS3 you have to be on the same game as the friend you want to talk to.

IMO PS3 < Xbox
(01-25-2012, 02:02 PM)BreShiE Wrote: This is where some bad things are going to happen. Fragma has a PS3 and I have an xbox.

Sure, the PS3 us cheaper in the long run, but the downtime is horrendous, and also if you want to change your online alias, you have to create a whole new account all together, whereas Xbox is just a small fee of 800MSP to change your name!

I have heard peoples arguments from people who have both consoles and they always mention how bad the graphics is on the PS3 compared to the 360. To be quite honest, I've used pretty much every console that has ever came out, and I prefer the 360 to all of them.

You basically have a choice on what you want to do.

An all round better experience = Xbox
Cheaper, and Blue Ray = PS3
Oh, and also you can talk to your online friends in an "Xbox live party" whereas on the PS3 you have to be on the same game as the friend you want to talk to.

IMO PS3 < Xbox

How is PS3 downtime horrendous? I think I've only ever experienced downtime a few times in all the years I've owned my PS3.
Graphics on both are pretty much identical.
Well, I like to talk to people. Barely anyone on PS3 has a microphone.
Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow
(01-25-2012, 02:24 PM)Fragma Wrote: How is PS3 downtime horrendous? I think I've only ever experienced downtime a few times in all the years I've owned my PS3.
Graphics on both are pretty much identical.

I just really don't like it, compared to the xbox it's inferior, that's why I don't care about paying for it.
Ahaha, inb4xboxfanboysandps3fanboysfight
Anyways, I really care about the quality more then money.
Blueray? I don't even watch DVD's lol.
I might get a xbox lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CONSOLE WARS: PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs WII Deadmau5 104 39,531 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Xbox Vs Ps3 Vs Nintendo wii Billy Mays 18 2,482 03-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  What is your favorite game (Ps3 + Xbox) Lеgеnd 9 1,411 03-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Candyshop
  Skyrim for the PS3 OVO™ 1 686 12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™