Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS3 "Fat" or Slim?
I'm wanting to get a PS3 but I'm not sure which one to get, the regular one, or the slim? I'm wanting to play some of those old PS1 games (FF) but I heard the Slim doesn't have backwards compatibility for PS1 and PS2 games. Is this true? Is it possible to buy PS1 games off of the PSN?
(10-18-2009, 09:21 AM)ElephantShoe Wrote: I'm wanting to get a PS3 but I'm not sure which one to get, the regular one, or the slim? I'm wanting to play some of those old PS1 games (FF) but I heard the Slim doesn't have backwards compatibility for PS1 and PS2 games. Is this true? Is it possible to buy PS1 games off of the PSN?

I hate the slim look. Even with the PS2, I like the original. I know you can buy a lot from the PSN but I have only shortly browsed for a few minutes and never really went into deep searching.
[Image: arch2.png]
The "Fat" 60gb ps3 which has the card reader plays ps1 and ps2 games. You can purchase old ps1 games from the playstation store.. For around 2.99GBP. I've never seen the slim yet, but i'd go for the fat one (60GB) if your looking to play old ps1 games and ps2 games.

Hope this solves your problem.. Any questions please feel free to ask.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
^I agree, best answer. Sony decided after that model to not include it anymore. I like the slim look better though. It looks slicker, sleeker and more like a technological feat. PSN hosts a lot of games, but if you have them already lying around, take the above advice.
Yeah I like the look of the slim as well, but I guess I'll go with the fat version. Feel like playing some of the older FF games, not to mention the newest games.
I don't really know about the games.. But I know I like the "fat" design much more than the "slim" one. And yeah, I had the "fat" one. Only 40GB, but it was enough.

I would vote for the "fat" 60GB, go for it!
Either one are good. I had a thick one and won a slim. There about the same
Although I have the PS3 Slim, I would actually go with the "Fat" one.

EDIT: Just noticed that Detroit bumped the thread. -__-'
I like the looks of the Slim and the Fat one, they both have great feature's but in my opinion, the Fat one over rules the slim one 9/10
the fat ones are harder to break. and i like the way they look more than i like the slim
[Image: Starstrucksig.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PS3 or XBOX Meat 61 10,140 08-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Xbox Vs Ps3 Vs Nintendo wii Billy Mays 18 2,569 03-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  What is your favorite game (Ps3 + Xbox) Lеgеnd 9 1,416 03-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Candyshop
  Skyrim for the PS3 OVO™ 1 692 12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  PS3 Demos WirelessWave 1 427 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM