Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow :)
I hope a few inches come down tonight. Smile If it does I will hopefully go sledding with my niece, and brother or something. Smile
(01-15-2012, 05:50 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: You haven't even been reading the thread as far as I can tell so you don't know what you're talking about. It's been snowing less from what people have been saying throughout this thread, not more. And it is most likely because of global warming, because if you had any idea of how snow originates, and how those conditions can travel around before snowfall you would realize that global warming is the most likely candidate.

It's most likely because the Earth is tilting. Global warming is a possibility, but it's not likely it would change this fast. Lots of snow last year, none this year. It also seems that the snow is starting late. Usually it starts around the beginning of December and be gone by now. It's only starting now, indicating that the Earth is tilting.
(01-15-2012, 10:43 PM)SoulCake. Wrote: It's most likely because the Earth is tilting. Global warming is a possibility, but it's not likely it would change this fast. Lots of snow last year, none this year. It also seems that the snow is starting late. Usually it starts around the beginning of December and be gone by now. It's only starting now, indicating that the Earth is tilting.

The earth was already tilted a certain number of degrees. It spins with that relative angle which is why we have summer and winter, warm and cold, so there's no possible way that, that could have an effect on not having winter almost all year long, even for people that don't even live on the same continent as me, who are also noticing that they haven't seen much snow. That tilt would cause winter to happen in at least one region on the globe.
This all actually started in England at the beginning of last year. I swear the hottest month of the year was in April, when it's usually June/July/August. April isn't usually hot/sunny at all. And then in July/August it was as if it was Autumn, with little sun.. And then the whole snow/winter situation. It feels as if every season has been pulled back a month or 2.
Also, when it's been hot, it's been very very hot, hotter than usual, and when it's been cold, it's been colder than usually, (or at least that's what I've felt).
In Norway where I live it have been snowing way too much lately :/ Kinda weid that some places dont got snow at all.
Especially if you ever lived in Canada, yes, it's very odd. It's like a miracle practically.
We haven't had any snow here however the pavements are getting more icy recently so hopefully there is some soon.
(01-15-2012, 03:48 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Same, we get snow from November to April some years or the beginning of March, and January is usually the coldest month. We've had weather that was -45 degrees celcius in past years, but this year, hardly any snow all these months so far. It hasn't even really been that cold.

Dang -45! Where do you live. That is just crazy man.
(01-16-2012, 03:44 PM)Philly Wrote: Dang -45! Where do you live. That is just crazy man.

I live in the southern area of Alberta in a city close to Edmonton. But actually, now rethinking that I thought I remember it being -50 celcius before, as it was on the news one year to try and stay inside. Frostbite in like 2 minutes. That was with the wind chill factor though
(01-16-2012, 06:40 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: I live in the southern area of Alberta in a city close to Edmonton. But actually, now rethinking that I thought I remember it being -50 celcius before, as it was on the news one year to try and stay inside. Frostbite in like 2 minutes. That was with the wind chill factor though

Wow that is intense man. 2 minutes! Seriously that is nuts!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snow Thread Zerb 13 1,203 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Zerb
  Snow Storm Zerb 7 906 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Zerb