Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BloggersPlace.net | A blogging forum! Want to make a blog? Come here!
(01-08-2012, 06:24 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Aren't these virtually the same thing? Discussion about software can go in one forum instead of two.

- Blog software discussion
- Blogging software

I would remove the graphics section as well, or at least make them invisible to everyone until you find some people posting graphics and the other sections increase in popularity a bit more. It's a bloggers place, and although some bloggers like graphics, it's not everything and could go in Blogger appearance for example for the time being.

Blog owners lounge - Don't think it's needed, if someone joins your forum, potentially 95% of all the users are bloggers anyway, or will eventually be one. Otherwise they wouldn't have joined. This kind of stuff could go in Other blog discussion, as well as all the other categories you have because if they are a blog owner, they are going to be posting in the categorized blogging sections you have anyways.

That's just a start though, a quick look I took at the sections you had.
Thank you very much! I will take this into consideration now.
Also, if you have two sections which are similar to each other, you can amalgamate them into the one board. For example, 'Feedback & Suggestions'. You can do that sort of thing with blog-related topics also. I'd also get rid of the tabs. Not needed for small forums at all.
I'm working on google ratings at the moment. If you search "Blogging Forum" we are on page 8 but I'll boost that, if you search Bloggers Place we are the first result, obviously.
(01-09-2012, 04:10 AM)TalishHF Wrote: I'm working on google ratings at the moment. If you search "Blogging Forum" we are on page 8 but I'll boost that, if you search Bloggers Place we are the first result, obviously.

You shouldn't be worrying about SEO when your site has 24 posts.
(01-09-2012, 05:12 AM)King Wrote: You shouldn't be worrying about SEO when your site has 24 posts.
Then how can I get more users and posts without SEO?
(01-08-2012, 06:24 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Aren't these virtually the same thing? Discussion about software can go in one forum instead of two.

- Blog software discussion
- Blogging software

I would remove the graphics section as well, or at least make them invisible to everyone until you find some people posting graphics and the other sections increase in popularity a bit more. It's a bloggers place, and although some bloggers like graphics, it's not everything and could go in Blogger appearance for example for the time being.

Blog owners lounge - Don't think it's needed, if someone joins your forum, potentially 95% of all the users are bloggers anyway, or will eventually be one. Otherwise they wouldn't have joined. This kind of stuff could go in Other blog discussion, as well as all the other categories you have because if they are a blog owner, they are going to be posting in the categorized blogging sections you have anyways.

That's just a start though, a quick look I took at the sections you had.

I took a lot of useless sections out and removed tabs and changed the theme. Thanks.
[Image: image.php]
Now it's starting to look alright, just change your logo...
(01-10-2012, 05:56 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Now it's starting to look alright, just change your logo...

Thank you! That comment really cheered me up, yes I am just waiting on a new logo I have no graphics editors installed on my Work PC so I can't do anything for a day or two.
[Image: image.php]
Get rid of the questionnaire, first of all. And don't worry about your lack of members. Oh my god, I don't have many registered members on my 2 day old forum because I don't actually have any content for people to want to join yet. Actually post good crap yourself and people WILL come. Do not even think about SEO. SevenForums is incredibly successful because the owner literally wrote hundreds of threads of incredible quality before he even had a member registered.

Oh, and don't make the boards private.
King, you mean Se7ensins? I moderated there in the past...

But yeah Talish stop worrying about advertising, make your board look presentable before you do anything.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chill Forum [NEW] [+3 Domains] [General Forum] [Giveaway!] [Awards!] OpenSSL 0 519 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  New forum I just made - Swimmingforums.net competitive swimming forum Carbon Host 3 856 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  One Piece Forum - OPForum.net Irreligious 7 1,497 06-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Irreligious
  Learn how to make your blog successful! ASuccessfulBlog.com King 0 622 02-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Last Post: King
  Swimmingforums.net | competitive/recreational swimming forum Carbon Host 2 765 02-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Peter L