Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I make a site like this?
Alright, thanks for your answers so far.

I just hope I find some kind of script or software that I can just use and make it look like a simple Tumblr blog.
Wordpress is your thing. You cry or laugh you'd go for wordpress if you want to make really customizable site like that.

In wp blog, you can allow others to register and post.
one can signup/singin here => www.site.com/wp-login.php

Datalife Engine is also a choice but I prefer wp to DLE, scriptmafia . org is using DLE.
If you need more help, I can be available... for Minor Help only Smile

[url=http://myurl.pk/BLgzA][/url]
Clones, thanks a lot, I already have my wordpress blog on the domain and hosting, but I just can't seem to find any plugin that would allow me to create like, three buttons saying ''Post Image, Post Text, Post Video'' and make it so that registering is unnecessary.

Yes, as the others here have said, you would use Wordpress and you could achieve this goal by using PHP to code in the other features that tumblr has. You would have to take extra precautions on security mainly because of the fact that people may try to upload malicious files to the server.
(01-06-2012, 10:14 AM)Rediation Wrote: Clones, thanks a lot, I already have my wordpress blog on the domain and hosting, but I just can't seem to find any plugin that would allow me to create like, three buttons saying ''Post Image, Post Text, Post Video'' and make it so that registering is unnecessary.

That won't happen, mean wp is made to allow registered members only to post. I suggest you hire a freelancer and he can make you a custom script just as you want

[url=http://myurl.pk/BLgzA][/url]
(01-06-2012, 09:57 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: A free theme of Tumblr? All themes are free for Tumblr, it's basically just CSS scripts...

There's actually a wide variety of premium Tumblr themes you can purchase, though it looks as though this one's not one of them. @OP, simply register with Tumblr and select this theme. There you have it.
(01-06-2012, 09:52 PM)King Wrote: There's actually a wide variety of premium Tumblr themes you can purchase, though it looks as though this one's not one of them. @OP, simply register with Tumblr and select this theme. There you have it.

Really?... Wow I wouldn't pay for a bunch of CSS styling for Tumblr... What a waste of money.
(01-06-2012, 10:59 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Really?... Wow I wouldn't pay for a bunch of CSS styling for Tumblr... What a waste of money.

Tumblr in general is a joke.
I would gladly use Tumblr, but I need the option of anonymous people also posting and such.
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=24386

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Make WordPress Site Secure from Hackers? Tilsun 1 337 06-28-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Mirandas
  What kind of site should i make? Hex 3 821 12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Please help me make my site? Saga 8 1,579 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Chief