Support Forums

Full Version: How can I make a site like this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I already have a domain and hosting too.

I want to make a site like Tumblr, but with the feature of letting anonymous people just post pictures, text or video on the site for all too see, imagine just a simple Tumblr blog, but people can just visit the site and click a ''Post Picture/Text/Video'' start uploading the picture or video and it gets placed on the front page of the site without any verification or the likes, how would I go about doing this?

For example, I want to make a blog like this below.
http://www.noxchi.tumblr.com

But I want EVERYONE to be able to post images/video's and such without registering or anything like that.

Thanks!
Be prepared to add some extra security against infectious content or uploads then. Not sure why you want this though
(01-06-2012, 06:30 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Be prepared to add some extra security against infectious content or uploads then. Not sure why you want this though

That won't really be a problem, this site will only be for close friends.
I really want to make this, I tried Wordpress and I was not able to make it so that everyone could just post something, if only I knew how to do this on Wordpress it'd be great.

Thanks for your reply!
(01-06-2012, 07:00 AM)Rediation Wrote: [ -> ]That won't really be a problem, this site will only be for close friends.
I really want to make this, I tried Wordpress and I was not able to make it so that everyone could just post something, if only I knew how to do this on Wordpress it'd be great.

Thanks for your reply!

That doesn't mean you won't get unexpected visitors when it comes to the online world.
I know, but that isn't an issue at all.

I just want to make this.
Do you know of any software or scripts that would do this for me?
Not off the top of my head, I don't make websites like this, but i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make if you knew javascript or PHP. You're going to need to store this information somewhere, so PHP is most definitely probably going to be a part of it if you want something decent.
I see, and would it be possible to get a free theme of Tumblr or something and use that with the site?
A free theme of Tumblr? All themes are free for Tumblr, it's basically just CSS scripts...
So I can use the script to make any of my sites look and function like Tumblr does?
Nope, CSS is only for looks, it's not going to make it function like Tumblr does.
Pages: 1 2 3