Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much money should you have before you begin?
(12-25-2011, 06:08 PM)Infinite. Wrote: Anytime, also, if you need help with forum setup, you can let me know. Smile

I've got that down pat. Just thinking about finances at the moment, thanks.
Quote:Can you make payments for all things such as hosting, domains, advertising, themes, and all the rest of it with a debit card? I know a lot of sites offer credit card payment methods, but I wasn't sure if debit cards worked the same. I have a debit card. My PayPal account is in debt of $200, so I won't be using that. I was just inquiring. Thanks for the info'.

Yeah, most sites should take debit cards as that's all I use online. I've never had a site say no.
About $200 would be good start imo.
$100 to domain + host / year.
$100-150 to theme + ad.
(12-25-2011, 06:43 PM)Dragon Defender Wrote: $100 to domain + host / year.
$100-150 to theme + ad.

That seems very acceptable also. Thanks mate. I might want to put a little more towards advertising, however. Who knows.
(12-25-2011, 06:56 PM)King Wrote: That seems very acceptable also. Thanks mate. I might want to put a little more towards advertising, however. Who knows.
I soon open an ad service.
Cheap, good, fast, works 100%. Thumbsup
(12-25-2011, 05:20 PM)King Wrote: So, in your opinion, what lump sum of cash should you have in your PayPal account before you begin developing a forump. Blogs and CMS sites will be different, but this thread addresses specifically forums.

How much did you start with and was your forum a success?

I'd say probably enough for 6 months of hosting (to get your site off the ground), a custom theme and graphics such as user bars, banners, and icons. So probably somewhere ~$100
I started with about 20 bucks when I was 17, I am now 22 and I have around 60 websites and 150 domains. I have a pretty big client base for SEO as well. Smile

My websites mainly consist of adsense sites and amazon.
I've just started and I paid for 3 months webhosting + domain to $40 for that. I bought a vBulletin License $195, I then bought a custom theme €35. I then paid for GFX work £20.

So all in all:

GBP: £180
USD: $279
(01-01-2012, 08:19 PM)Sam Wrote: I've just started and I paid for 3 months webhosting + domain to $40 for that. I bought a vBulletin License $195, I then bought a custom theme €35. I then paid for GFX work £20.

So all in all:

GBP: £180
USD: $279

I see. Hopefully you won't need to put much more (if any) into it for the next three months also. Link me to your site (if it's up yet), also. Smile