Support Forums

Full Version: How much money should you have before you begin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, in your opinion, what lump sum of cash should you have in your PayPal account before you begin developing a forump. Blogs and CMS sites will be different, but this thread addresses specifically forums.

How much did you start with and was your forum a success?
Will you buy custom theme?
Will you pay for ads on other sites?
It depends on a lot too be honest.

What forum are you really trying to get into?

You'll need more for a lot, such as constant hosting each month, paying for themes, domain, and just pure putting money into what your looking for.
Just a forum on whatever. Topic's not really all that important. Let's say that you want it to be really big and successful. How much are you going to need?
Most of the money put into it will be advertisement. Smile

Everything else you can do by yourself most likely if you have the skills.
(12-25-2011, 05:37 PM)๖ۣۜHacker™ Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the money put into it will be advertisement. Smile

Everything else you can do by yourself most likely if you have the skills.

Hosting and domaining aren't free either. Neither are themes.
Honestly, if you want to be really careful and have a good site to run, you should gather around 200$ for the start of it, maybe 150$ and start from there. This isn't a cheap thing, but from the looks of your dedication, it seems you could do well.
Firstly, I wouldn't use PayPal. What if one day you get limited and can't pay your invoices?

Apply for a debit card, depending on the country you can have them starting from 13. I had my first one at 14 and since it was a debit I couldn't overspend nor apply for a overdraft.

I would consider at least a years worth of hosting in advance, the rest can all be done for free if you know how to manage a forum. Soon enough, traffic starts coming in which can generate revenue from advertisements since many pay by CPM. If you want WHOIS protection, that'll cost you extra. Many people use fake data but I wouldn't recommend that especially if you want to take the legitimate route.
Quote:Honestly, if you want to be really careful and have a good site to run, you should gather around 200$ for the start of it, maybe 150$ and start from there. This isn't a cheap thing, but from the looks of your dedication, it seems you could do well.

That seems accurate. Many thanks mate!

Quote:Firstly, I wouldn't use PayPal. What if one day you get limited and can't pay your invoices?

Apply for a debit card, depending on the country you can have them starting from 13. I had my first one at 14 and since it was a debit I couldn't overspend nor apply for a overdraft.

I would consider at least a years worth of hosting in advance, the rest can all be done for free if you know how to manage a forum. Soon enough, traffic starts coming in which can generate revenue from advertisements since many pay by CPM. If you want WHOIS protection, that'll cost you extra. Many people use fake data but I wouldn't recommend that especially if you want to take the legitimate route.

Can you make payments for all things such as hosting, domains, advertising, themes, and all the rest of it with a debit card? I know a lot of sites offer credit card payment methods, but I wasn't sure if debit cards worked the same. I have a debit card. My PayPal account is in debt of $200, so I won't be using that. I was just inquiring. Thanks for the info'.
(12-25-2011, 05:59 PM)King Wrote: [ -> ]That seems accurate. Many thanks mate!

Anytime, also, if you need help with forum setup, you can let me know. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3