Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu or Windows 7?
(12-25-2011, 09:17 PM)King Wrote: Indeed. But most computers come with Windows 7 nowadays, so you're going to need a good reason to remove that to put Ubuntu on. Otherwise I'd just advice duel booting.

I don't suggest dual booting, because when you buy a computer you can save money by choosing no windows. You can't do this if you buy it from a store in person though. dell.com you can choose the os it comes with if any at all.
(12-25-2011, 10:03 PM)Epeolatry Wrote: I don't suggest dual booting, because when you buy a computer you can save money by choosing no windows. You can't do this if you buy it from a store in person though. dell.com you can choose the os it comes with if any at all.

Well yes, this would be the best way to go should the user opt to go with Ubuntu.
Two for different purposes. Love them both.
Windows 7 Big Grin Linux and ubantu get on my nerves so much LOOOL
Depends what your going to do with it.

Taking in mind that you are going to use Wubi to install it then I'm going to have to say go for it. Ubuntu is a fun Operating System for anybody that has been using Windows for a extremely long time of there life. I mean it just opens doors up to you. My first Operating System that I used was Ubuntu the I moved on to Servers like CentOS or Debian. As for myself I use Windows and Mac OS X. I use Windows on my own Custom Built Computer and Mac OS X Lion on my Macbook Air. There both fantastic operating systems and I suggest you keep the dual boot of Ubuntu, however if you decide you don't want to keep it anymore Wubi should have the option of removing that partition and restoring it back to Windows.

Enjoy Friend!
[Image: lDr9r.png]