Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CodePad.NET BETA | Review By BreShiE

[Image: lsByG.png]
This program is being coded by ThC x ProToTypE and is generally a great program. I've been testing this out for quite a while and have quite a bit to talk about it, from the syntax highlighter to the updater.

The program is mainly focused for use of writing snippits of code, it has many great features to go with it and in my opinion is one of the best type of tools I've used.

[Image: 2UyXD.png]
The general look of the program is very good, it's all laid out quite professionally and is easy on the eyes, which can be very useful while looking at confusing pieces of code.

[Image: ja1up.png]
The syntax is very useful and has the following highlighters:
Visual Basic
C#
PHP
HTML
SQL
Plain Text

It has a very powerful syntax highlighter for the above languages and is also very accurate, I haven't encountered any problems with is and is pretty much perfect for what it's been made for.

[Image: G1LsU.png]
One feature that I like, I mean REALLY like is the tabbing. The program itself tabs out the code for you, I can't remember the technical term for tabbing but it does it for you, which is really amazing and I've never seen that before in any program, it's extremely useful for reading over your code again and is a time saver.

Another feature I quite like is when you open, or save the file you have, it will show the name of that file at the top. I really like this as I sometimes forget which file I have open and it helps me allot to have a nice reminder like that at the top. Example: http://gyazo.com/867da85d3c00d3843e01542dc16304c7

Also, the numbering. CodePad.NET has a nice little feature in it which numbers each and every line for you, and it can also been turned off which is good. This can be useful as when you're testing out your script and it errors on a specific line, you can easily find where the error is and hopefully fix it! Big Grin

Updates; Now this is where we have a problem. I do really like the update feature, it's a great way for the coder to get a new update to the program out to the users, and it doesn't prompt you with that annoying message on start up. BUT I don't like the fact that when it's downloading the program, it says "Check For Updates", also when it's done it doesn't close the old program and doesn't tell you that it's completed. This can be blamed on the fact that it's still in the Beta stages.

[Image: TIy4G.png]
For an over-all rating of this program, it's going to have to be an 8/10. I honestly love this application, and when the full version gets released (ETA 1/1/2012) I will definitely be using it! I think once it is all done and finished, it'll be a 9-10/10. I have allot of hopes for this program, it's really nice and I just love it. I wish the coder the best of luck with developing this program and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him for allowing me to be a Beta tester for this truly wonderful program.
Thank you BreShiE. I really appreciate all of this.
Nice review Smile Looks like a nice program.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Preview] OnyxPad [Beta Testing] OnyxDev 1 1,018 05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  VB6 | PickYourShow0.1 BETA BreShiE 29 6,109 01-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  [Preview] CodePad.NET [Accepting Beta Testers] ThC x ProToTypE 13 4,357 12-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Last Post: HF~Legend
  [BETA] Support Forums Quick Launcher. HatredTrinity 23 6,026 04-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Last Post: RaZoR03