Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Wrestling was good for me
Wrestling is still good if you can get into it, I also stopped watching it.
(12-18-2011, 02:51 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I always felt wrestling was silly. The entertainment value is really directed at young people that believe in these plot lines and all the jumping around.

I just don't see the appeal.

lol, I thought you'd have liked the videos, anyway, most people think its fake but the watchers are so much in number, I can't consider it being fake.. besides, It entertains me. Roflmao
(12-18-2011, 02:51 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I always felt wrestling was silly. The entertainment value is really directed at young people that believe in these plot lines and all the jumping around.

I just don't see the appeal.

I do now, but when I was a kid, I loved it. I went to see it live, shook the hands on The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc and thought it was the best thing in the world.
As of right now, I find it dumb, it's just not the same. To me anyways, I guess it was one of those "phases" I went through during my childhood.

(12-19-2011, 01:16 PM)Speedy Wrote: Yeah but there are always comments on the videos on YouTube like: Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake so all will know wrestling is fake which you can see there are pretty much wrestling acting fails at youtube Smile

Yes, it's fake. Obviously, or they would all be dead. That is just logical, however if you saw the Hell in the Cell match with Mankind and the Undertaker, falling from the top of that cell would hurt, no matter what you landed on. Those tables aren't made of pillows. Plus it's still dangerous, which I liked, if he hit that fence. Most likely he would have been dead.
When I saw Owen Heart fall from the ceiling, that was pretty scary, but like many of the fans, I thought it was fake. Until I looked at it more closely and did some research and found out it was real and he actually did die.

It's all fake, etc but they still do some crazy crap and that's why I liked it back then.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
(12-19-2011, 01:16 PM)Speedy Wrote: Yeah but there are always comments on the videos on YouTube like: Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake so all will know wrestling is fake which you can see there are pretty much wrestling acting fails at youtube Smile

You're missing a crucial factor here. If you've ever been to a real event, you would know that it's fake anyways. So people with that knowledge spread it to the public to those who may have not seen a real event, and to those who have only seen things on TV, which is where they try to really enforce it's verisimilitude.

Once someone knows it's fake, the word spreads. It has nothing to do with people finding out that it's fake through Youtube.

Personally I think back then it was a bit better though, but as time went on Wrestling became more of a soap opera, probably in attempt to reach out to all of the female viewers instead of just plain fighting in place on a TV show now.

Now it's just a pool of arrogance as far as i'm concerned. People who just want to fake like they're the next big star because they made it to be on a show like WWE, and they get to meet all of the attractive diva's. Some people in the WWE, you can tell that's all that they are about.

Back in the day of Hulk Hogan, and guys like The Rock, Goldberg, Steve Austin, Brett Hart, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, etc... These guys were in it to entertain, which made it a lot better back in those days in my opinion.

And nooowwww---it's crap...
I used to like WWF, but it sort of got stale for me. Guy hits this guy with chair etc. And the newer story lines are pretty dumb in my opinion. And the 10 year olds on YT that say it's fake are just plain annoying. It's obviously fake otherwise they would be bleeding much more severely (nose etc) but when people say it, it took the mood out of me. And just because it is staged doesn't mean some punches/kicks don't connect at times. They do feel pain to an extent.
I know exactly how you feel. I used to watch that back in the day, I never missed an episode for anything. The newer shows are a bit boring for me because I remember the old ones being so good.
[Image: 0xWVt.png]
(01-27-2012, 08:42 PM)Hуѕтєяιa X™ Wrote: I do now, but when I was a kid, I loved it. I went to see it live, shook the hands on The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc and thought it was the best thing in the world.
As of right now, I find it dumb, it's just not the same. To me anyways, I guess it was one of those "phases" I went through during my childhood.
I thought they never caught the fall on camera? Or it was but it was removed?

(02-02-2012, 01:09 PM)skorch Wrote: I thought they never caught the fall on camera? Or it was but it was removed?
What "fall" are you talking about? Hysteria didn't mention anything about a "fall" in that post you quoted. But if you mean the Hart's fall, then of course they caught it, they were filming live TV at the time as it was a real show, but they deleted it.
I am fan of WWf it was a good time to see the Wrestling when the rock and old rascals.. were in this field . i love to see the that time Wrestling
so i hope you can say that it was the old time when the wrestling to see for me.
(02-06-2012, 04:30 AM)john_rambo Wrote: I am fan of WWf it was a good time to see the Wrestling when the rock and old rascals.. were in this field . i love to see the that time Wrestling
so i hope you can say that it was the old time when the wrestling to see for me.

It's not called the WWF anymore, they got sued for having that name.