Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Release] Support Forums Special Header Links
I've already seen those links though from the previous version, never updated, but they've always been there for me for some reason.
Going to try this now !
Lets see how this is .
That's nice, but are you people actually so lazy to skip 2 clicks Big Grin?
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Things like Bans and Statistics aren't necessarily a click away. You have to manually type them in.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-20-2012, 04:12 AM)NekoChan Wrote: That's nice, but are you people actually so lazy to skip 2 clicks Big Grin?

lol some of the links are available on the board index too, but some are easier to use from his script. I use the forum a lot so every little bit over time does save quite a bit of time for me. Even though greasemonkey is a huge hog on memory, i've got enough RAM to spare, so it's really no big burden on me.
(01-13-2012, 03:46 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: I've already seen those links though from the previous version, never updated, but they've always been there for me for some reason.

It's actually the way Xerotic does his scripts. It looks for it on every single page, and since these are both MyBB's with the same named Divs with the same ID's it treats them the same. So your extra links are coming from the HF one, but still work on here. Roflmao
(01-20-2012, 06:14 PM)RDCA Wrote: It's actually the way Xerotic does his scripts. It looks for it on every single page, and since these are both MyBB's with the same named Divs with the same ID's it treats them the same. So your extra links are coming from the HF one, but still work on here. Roflmao

Actually you are wrong.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name          xerotic's HF Special Links
// @namespace     xerotic/hflinks
// @description   Adds special links to the HackForums header.
// @include       http://hackforums.net/*
// @include       http://www.hackforums.net/*
// @version 1.0
// ==/UserScript==

Mine are always site specific.

Please research before you make false allegations upon my scripts Nono
[Image: idgjkO.png]
(01-20-2012, 07:49 PM)xerotic Wrote: Actually you are wrong.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name          xerotic's HF Special Links
// @namespace     xerotic/hflinks
// @description   Adds special links to the HackForums header.
// @include       http://hackforums.net/*
// @include       http://www.hackforums.net/*
// @version 1.0
// ==/UserScript==

Mine are always site specific.

Please research before you make false allegations upon my scripts Nono

Actually they do work on other sites, even with that. As I was tweaking your script for my friend and playing around with it a bit, when I posted on another forum I went to, (which isn't even MyBB), the mycode appeared there as well.
It wasn't intentional though I don't think RDCA, as for what I can remember at least, he uses regex to find the part on the page with the user's PM's. And replaces that with an additional set of links.

Note, that all forums have a PM system somewhere on the page, and possibly in the same format as MyBB, whether forum software copies each other's ideas, I'm not sure.
(01-20-2012, 11:13 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: It wasn't intentional though I don't think RDCA, as for what I can remember at least, he uses regex to find the part on the page with the user's PM's. And replaces that with an additional set of links.

Note, that all forums have a PM system somewhere on the page, and possibly in the same format as MyBB, whether forum software copies each other's ideas, I'm not sure.

I wasn't referring to that plugin when I was talking about another forum, I was talking about the auto mycode one, where it appends your current text wrapped with some mycode.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,962 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,838 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnakeā„¢
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,568 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 14,971 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  Support Forums Video Peter L 4 1,284 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity