Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF in 10 years.
(12-16-2011, 10:49 AM)๖ۣۜHacker™ Wrote: 2 Years! :O

Thought they just made this forum lol.

I doesn't seem anywhere near 2years yet... I'm not sure but I remember when it come out, Omni was giving the awards out to people if they got like 100posts ^^ he would give a award on HF I'm not sure if he still does though as I'm not on HF anylonger.
Ya know something.
If SF was to get back to how it was lets say 12 months ago i think it will remain.
Ultimately we the members have the control here i think.
If we let it go down hill with low quality posts and flaming etc then it becomes an easier sell for Omni.
If we are able to bring it back to how it was. A high percentage of high quality posts and a good member pool.
Then i would imagine Omni would be reluctant to sell and perhaps even be more active here.

We the members ultimately have some control over this.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

SF will be the same, of course.
I think it will go further with the help of HF members maybe?
I think it will more HQ Forum like HackForums. Smile

[Image: UTLN2.gif]
Quote:Omni doesn't pay for this site, the server was donated to him so there is no reason I can think of why SF would close. - I expect it will jut be left to it's own devices.

We're on a shared host. I have a new server I need to send off to colo for sites. But this site does earn a small income from it's Adsense ads.

Ultimately this sites success depends on my own effort I believe. When I'm here, active, and doing stuff we grow. Unfortunately HF has grown exponentially..at least unfortunate for SF. I'm forced to work constantly on that site leaving me very little time for any other projects. 2011 was a year where I really barely did anything outside of HF. I got a long list of things I wanted to do that never got done.

Quote:If SF was to get back to how it was lets say 12 months ago i think it will remain.

Your perception and reality are once again off. I know you like to believe SF hasn't grown but it has.

SF is like a fine wine to me. To age it slowly without interruption is going to create a more natural healthier community.

SF has doubled it's visitors since last year.

[Image: io8beHW0NXpXX.PNG]

From about 800-900 per day to 1600-1800 visitors per day. Search traffic is now very good at 63% which means we have less people than a year ago coming from HF. While I know people complain about their traffic it's been actually decreasing while natural traffic has increased.

A year ago we had about 200-250 per day from HF. Now we have about 150 per day. Search a year ago was under 500 a day and now we're around 1500 per day. That's why I get fairly excited when we spoke on this subject 22 months ago.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4846
On post #7 you see I say it will take 15 months to hit about 10k members.

Here is member 10k which was 18 months later. So not too far off imho.
http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...&uid=10000

SF is now over 2 years old and there is a lot of things to still work on here but it's coming along well. I'm pretty pleased with it's progress.

Bounce rate is our biggest problem and has been for a while. I'll need to not only analyze that in-depth but I'll probably have to take considerable action to rectify it. If we had a 35% bounce rate our activity would double. Maybe it's time for some type of popup along with an incentive to register like a contest or giveaway.

I'm very hopeful and optimistic about SF's future.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Thanks for that post Omni. It's certainly given a brighter perspective for how SF is actually doing.
I have to say, since dropping down from being a Moderator, I've been really pleased with how SF has done.
There seems to be a nicer, friendlier atmosphere.
I would say SF is already better than HF, I am not talking popularity (of course xD) but I think the site is great so far.
I only joined yesterday, but I have already made some notes on why I like SF better, don't get me wrong, I love HackForums and plan to stay on it for a very long time.

Here are some reasons why I really enjoy SF.
  • members Here are ultra Friendly
  • I do not feel the need to up my post count as fast to fit in with the other users
  • Nice place to chill, without your topic being hidden deep within the many pages within 30 minutes of posting
  • Omniscient is much nicer on this site, kinda like youtube. Big Grin
I am sure there are many more reasons, this is all I can think of at the moment.
Quote:Omniscient is much nicer on this site, kinda like youtube

That's the most important reason to be here. Smile
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(12-22-2011, 01:38 PM)D Generation X Wrote: I think it will more HQ Forum like HackForums. Smile

I disagree here because Omniscient focuses way to much on HF but I don't blame him. It's the main site he runs and a good one at that. We will just have to wait and see how SF goes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Registered for Three Years Uzi 3 721 12-29-2017, 03:45 AM
Last Post: rasnajacob
  Registered for Two Years Uzi 10 1,457 11-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Launcher
  Can you believe it's 11 years gone? aggouras 18 2,110 12-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Hydroxyde
  Anyone doing anything for New years? ๖ۣۜHacker™ 11 1,649 12-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Sam
  New Years Drinky Poohs DAMINK™ 10 1,055 01-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Last Post: chinaman7x7