Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exercise possible with broken collarbone?
I managed to sprain my left wrist and break my right collarbone (clavicle) on the same fall of a wall 2 nights ago...

Apart from that little stung I've been working out, getting in shape for the Military (inb4 it'll make it harder for me to join).

Is there any form of exercise I can do without harming the healing process? I can't think of any that wouldn't move my shoulder.

Discuss below and thank you Smile
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Erm, I'm not sure. Your best bet would be to consult a doctor, not people on a forum.
I'd definitely tell you to take it easy, there really aren't any that don't require the use of your arms. Unless you do squats and just relax that part of your body. You can do squats without lifting your arms if you have good balance. That's about all I know of at the moment. Be careful =\ and good luck!
[Image: HJzrC.png]
Yeah scratch, I hate it but I have to keep it easy Sad I'm not one to sit there useless lol.... why couldn't it just have been one arm?!
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Lol I understand how you feel. I tore muscles in both my shoulders at the same time >_< was extreme hell. Well now you can use this time to catch up on some reading or something Big Grin (trying to find positives lol)
[Image: HJzrC.png]
(12-05-2011, 07:59 PM)Infinity Wrote: Lol I understand how you feel. I tore muscles in both my shoulders at the same time >_< was extreme hell. Well now you can use this time to catch up on some reading or something Big Grin (trying to find positives lol)

Almost the same boat Big Grin, I've been reading and have finally learned how to open the damn refrigerator drawers without help XD, now all I need to do is lower the microwave and I'll be set!

By the way, the book I am reading is... Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, check it out if you haven't. Favorite series of mine Big Grin ever.
I'd have to say a lower body workout would be fine.
But, I'd also consult a doctor first, or the trainer at your school if you're in school.
(12-09-2011, 09:12 AM)User Bars Wrote: I'd have to say a lower body workout would be fine.
But, I'd also consult a doctor first, or the trainer at your school if you're in school.

I tried that, everything I tried puts pressure on my shoulder, even opening a can of soda does XD

I've given up and just going to be smart and heal, hate it but gotta do it.

Good news! I can manage to play console games, and limited PC games. Anyone with SC2, WoW, MW3 (Xbox 360), Minecraft and/or RuneScape, PM me for details Big Grin
Well i am glad that you have decided against putting yourself at risk of any further damage. You might want to consider getting out of the house as much as you can and going for walks if it doesn't put a strain on your shoulder though. You should want to stay active in any way you can if your training for the military. Be sure to keep your diet also, as far as eating the right foods in the right portion. You don't want to let this injury compromise the shape your in.
This is best bet for you consult it with the doctor who is specialized in it.
Anyhow all the participants perform according to their knowledge...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excessive Exercise Is Dangerous arnoldbrame 0 620 04-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Last Post: arnoldbrame
  Health, Benefits of Exercise. Drakee 24 3,094 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Last Post: richardshelton
  Use your furniture to exercise in your room. Reality 11 1,806 12-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: King
  Share your fitness/training/exercise program. Methanity 12 2,699 11-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  Have I broken my leg, what's the damage? Uzi 15 2,091 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Uzi