Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feedback on Posting and Posting Quality.
Hello,

Thought I would quickly give some feedback on this website, the forums and the posting quality from members who are currently active or have been active throughout the past. So recently I've began coming onto supportForums as-well as HackForums, I've seen forums such as the Video Gaming one being spammed under with pointless replies in which do not relate to the thread at all or do not contribute towards the discussion. I've been assuming it's because members want to gain 100 posts on here in order to get a miniature support feather award on HackForums.. I think instead of having it so members get the award for creating 100 posts on this website they should at least do something else such as have an online time of over a week or something else.
It's good to see that posts within some forums/sections don't count towards your overall post count, if they did then the forums would be completely spammed under with low quality replies. I respect all those who are active on this website and spend time on it not in order to receive an award but to actually provide support for those who need it.

Here's an example of the award/post whoring - http://www.supportforums.net/forumdispla...=47&page=2

Check the Last post from the thread bit, check out page 3,4 and 5 too.

Side note; Not saying everyone who's received the award on HackForums for gaining 100 posts on here is a post/award whore.
I just haven't seen those who have gained around 100 posts visit this website anymore or login.

Thought I would bring this up and get some thoughts from members who are on here. Thanks.
[Image: 7AqFN0N.gif]
Completely agree. However this has been brought up many times before and Omni is adamant to keeping the award in place.
(10-23-2011, 08:35 AM)Fragma Wrote: Completely agree. However this has been brought up many times before and Omni is adamant to keeping the award in place.

Good to hear you agree, didn't realise this had been discussed before.
Sorry, anyway hopefully I'll stick around here and become an active user myself.
Thanks for the reply.
I honestly think the whole situation is fudged. I've given up.
(10-23-2011, 09:31 AM)Laugh Wrote: I honestly think the whole situation is fudged. I've given up.

I agree with you, that's true.

Question; When you hit 100 posts does it automatically give you the award or something?
Also, thanks for the reputation man - I appreciate that.

If anyone else has any more input towards this feedback thread then please reply.
(10-23-2011, 09:41 AM)Uzi. Wrote: I agree with you, that's true.

Question; When you hit 100 posts does it automatically give you the award or something?
Also, thanks for the reputation man - I appreciate that.

If anyone else has any more input towards this feedback thread then please reply.

No, you just PM Omni on HF.
You are right, Members use this forum only to make 100 posts and gain the support feather award.I have seen many members being inactive for so many days after they have reached the 100 posts.I don't want to mention their name here,anyway this could be implemented.Let's see what Omni has to say now Smile
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
(10-23-2011, 09:45 AM)ρяιη¢є Wrote: You are right, Members use this forum only to make 100 posts and gain the support feather award.I have seen many members being inactive for so many days after they have reached the 100 posts.I don't want to mention their name here,anyway this could be implemented.Let's see what Omni has to say now Smile

Thanks for the awesome input man, and thank you Muted for the reply.
I've been doing a fair amount of posting on this website tonight,
I think I've gained around 30-40 posts, it looks like I'm spamming but many of the forums are inactive.
Unsure
Lol im not signed in just for an reward or anything i just sign up in this forum because i hope this is different than hackforums im looking for a friendly community.
www.advertise4you.info

Its an promotion forum with a lot of seo tutorials,you can register and you can start advertise your site by registering.It also contains:

Search engine optimization|Free Posting Packages |Graphics |Games
At the moment it's manageable, it won't change any time soon so try and get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,719 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 440 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,866 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  MyBB Posting Bug AceInfinity 4 1,164 08-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,864 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE