Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perl vs Python
(11-17-2009, 06:33 AM)iintens Wrote: Also while we're talking about Java, if you were to get into the world of malware creation Java is a great language, due to how Java works Anti-Virus programs can't touch the Java bytecode - this basically makes your malware fully undetectable.
I've never tested this theory; I read it somewhere and it makes sense to me - Sorry if I'm wrong.

So wrong it hurts. ;).

Java has no windows API, it doesn't have the tools needed in order to interact with windows. That means crap like ending processes, editing the registry, even low level networking, is non-existant in java. (yeah, yeah, there's the exec() method, but if that's all you want your malware to be, why stray from batch viruses?)

You are forgiven.

JavaGuy Wrote:Where do I learn perl?

At home, on your computer, of course.
(11-14-2009, 11:27 AM)FarOut Wrote: scripting and programming hybrid? wat?

scripting is programming. It refers to programming with a scripting language, but scripting languages are a type of programming language.

The only real difference between a scripting language and a compiled language, is that scripting languages are compiled and executed at run time. Compiled languages are compiled which generates an executable file.

Both compiled and scripting languages are programming languages.

If you're looking for a scripting and compiled language hybrid, learn java. It's compiled into bytecode that is compiled and executed at runtime by the jvm.

However, since you've chosen python as your first language, I'd like to say:
have fun guessing where your crap starts and stops

That is all.
Yeah sorry I got a little confused while reading this:

"Python is a general-purpose programming language that is often applied in scripting
roles. It is commonly defined as an object-oriented scripting language—a definition
that blends support for OOP with an overall orientation toward scripting roles. In
fact, people often use the word “script” instead of “program” to describe a Python
code file."
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

(11-17-2009, 07:58 PM)FarOut Wrote: So wrong it hurts. ;).

Java has no windows API, it doesn't have the tools needed in order to interact with windows. That means crap like ending processes, editing the registry, even low level networking, is non-existant in java. (yeah, yeah, there's the exec() method, but if that's all you want your malware to be, why stray from batch viruses?)

You are forgiven.

lol, found this, thought I would share. Well, here ya go, I guess malware can be writtin in Java!
[Image: lol.jpg]

(12-25-2009, 09:02 PM)uber1337 Wrote: lol, found this, thought I would share. Well, here ya go, I guess malware can be writtin in Java!
Never said it couldn't, just said it wouldn't be a great idea ;P.
(12-25-2009, 09:02 PM)uber1337 Wrote: lol, found this, thought I would share. Well, here ya go, I guess malware can be writtin in Java!

Well, Whad'Ya Know Big Grin Hehe
(11-17-2009, 07:58 PM)Kheldar Wrote:
JavaGuy Wrote:Where do I learn perl?

At home, on your computer, of course.

i think he means "how can i learn perl?" Smile

ontopic: i prefer perl..
(01-31-2010, 05:34 AM)nextlive Wrote: ontopic: i prefer perl..

Why? Do you currently have python installed on your computer? if so open the interpreter and type:
Code:
import this
And you will know why I prefer Python. I haven't been able to see a reason as to why Perl is better, Python seems to be as good or better than Perl in almost every category. It all comes down to personal preference in the end though.

Java applets containing malicious codes. I've tested plenty Java Drive By Applets. I have a private one at the moment, might be releasing to Hackforums.net

I'm not sure about any other way to use java for malicious use.
I think phyton is better.
Either Or

Both hard to learn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compile Error in Perl liveproject101 0 1,160 04-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Last Post: liveproject101
  [Perl] IRC Bot wchar_t 26 12,911 08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Trump
  Perl Ebook ven0m 2 1,634 05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Help with a program written in perl Rodman42866 1 1,536 03-09-2012, 03:16 AM