Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help install theme to MyBB.
Alright so I am running MyBB 1.6 and I can't figure out how to install a theme.

I can install the .XML file, Once I set it as default theme. The images are all broken or same as the MyBB theme. I am sick of this MyBB theme.

I would strongly appreciate if someone could help me.
Best solution is to see if that happens with another MyBB theme. If it does, something's messed up with your MyBB Installation or SQL tables and you might have to reinstall the forum.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(10-10-2011, 12:07 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Best solution is to see if that happens with another MyBB theme. If it does, something's messed up with your MyBB Installation or SQL tables and you might have to reinstall the forum.
Tried that, it still does the same thing.
It's very weird.

(10-10-2011, 12:08 PM)Lights. Wrote: Tried that, it still does the same thing.
It's very weird.
Check your SQL database for tables or collumns that shouldn't be there. Also, make sure you're uploading the theme itself to the right directory.
#Korra2018
(10-10-2011, 12:09 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Check your SQL database for tables or collumns that shouldn't be there. Also, make sure you're uploading the theme itself to the right directory.
Ok. All I need to know is this.
I downloaded a theme just a moment ago, It say's.

Quote:Upload the 'images' directory to the root directory of your MyBB forum.
Where do I find that directory? Do you understand what I mean now?
(10-10-2011, 12:10 PM)Lights. Wrote: Ok. All I need to know is this.
I downloaded a theme just a moment ago, It say's.

Quote:Upload the 'images' directory to the root directory of your MyBB forum.
Where do I find that directory? Do you understand what I mean now?
You have to FTP into your website itself and upload the stuff to your website. There should be a readme that helps somewhere in the theme folder.
Do you have TeamViewer?
#Korra2018
(10-10-2011, 12:33 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Where do I find that directory? Do you understand what I mean now?
You have to FTP into your website itself and upload the stuff to your website. There should be a readme that helps somewhere in the theme folder.
Do you have TeamViewer?
[/quote]I do not have teamviewer. It won't work on my PC. I can try again though.
(10-10-2011, 12:40 PM)Lights. Wrote: You have to FTP into your website itself and upload the stuff to your website. There should be a readme that helps somewhere in the theme folder.
Do you have TeamViewer?
I do not have teamviewer. It won't work on my PC. I can try again though.

[/quote]
The images directory should be one of the very first folders you get when you FTP into your site... what do you use to upload stuff to your website?
#Korra2018
(10-10-2011, 12:07 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Best solution is to see if that happens with another MyBB theme. If it does, something's messed up with your MyBB Installation or SQL tables and you might have to reinstall the forum.

Stop giving terrible advice. He doesn't need to reinstall a forum.

Check out the official mybb.com tutorial on installing a theme..you're capable of that aren't you?
(10-10-2011, 01:04 PM)Laugh Wrote: Stop giving terrible advice. He doesn't need to reinstall a forum.

Check out the official mybb.com tutorial on installing a theme..you're capable of that aren't you?
Sorry, I said a lot of other stuff that could help in addition to that.
#Korra2018

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Flat Desire : Stunning Flat Premium MyBB Theme envira 1 2,195 10-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nasyr
  [[Release] TeslaDark Premium Flat Modern Dark MyBB Theme envira 1 1,381 04-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Last Post: y8tvkid
  Machete - Free Sexy MyBB Theme from MySkins Studio envira 2 2,054 09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: envira
  [Release] LightDesire Premium MyBB Theme : Beauty at its best envira 0 1,154 08-25-2013, 03:41 PM
  [Release]DarkDesire - Best Limited Edition Dark MyBB Theme envira 2 1,380 08-05-2013, 04:10 AM