Support Forums
Help install theme to MyBB. - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Webmaster Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: Forum Software Help (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Thread: Help install theme to MyBB. (/showthread.php?tid=22634)

Pages: 1 2

Help install theme to MyBB. - Lights. - 10-10-2011

Alright so I am running MyBB 1.6 and I can't figure out how to install a theme.

I can install the .XML file, Once I set it as default theme. The images are all broken or same as the MyBB theme. I am sick of this MyBB theme.

I would strongly appreciate if someone could help me.

RE: Help install theme to MyBB. - D3xus - 10-10-2011

Best solution is to see if that happens with another MyBB theme. If it does, something's messed up with your MyBB Installation or SQL tables and you might have to reinstall the forum.

RE: Help install theme to MyBB. - Lights. - 10-10-2011

(10-10-2011, 12:07 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Best solution is to see if that happens with another MyBB theme. If it does, something's messed up with your MyBB Installation or SQL tables and you might have to reinstall the forum.
Tried that, it still does the same thing.
It's very weird.

(10-10-2011, 12:08 PM)Lights. Wrote: Tried that, it still does the same thing.
It's very weird.
Check your SQL database for tables or collumns that shouldn't be there. Also, make sure you're uploading the theme itself to the right directory.

(10-10-2011, 12:09 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Check your SQL database for tables or collumns that shouldn't be there. Also, make sure you're uploading the theme itself to the right directory.
Ok. All I need to know is this.
I downloaded a theme just a moment ago, It say's.

Quote:Upload the 'images' directory to the root directory of your MyBB forum.
Where do I find that directory? Do you understand what I mean now?

(10-10-2011, 12:10 PM)Lights. Wrote: Ok. All I need to know is this.
I downloaded a theme just a moment ago, It say's.

Quote:Upload the 'images' directory to the root directory of your MyBB forum.
Where do I find that directory? Do you understand what I mean now?
You have to FTP into your website itself and upload the stuff to your website. There should be a readme that helps somewhere in the theme folder.
Do you have TeamViewer?

(10-10-2011, 12:33 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Where do I find that directory? Do you understand what I mean now?
You have to FTP into your website itself and upload the stuff to your website. There should be a readme that helps somewhere in the theme folder.
Do you have TeamViewer?
[/quote]I do not have teamviewer. It won't work on my PC. I can try again though.

(10-10-2011, 12:40 PM)Lights. Wrote: You have to FTP into your website itself and upload the stuff to your website. There should be a readme that helps somewhere in the theme folder.
Do you have TeamViewer?
I do not have teamviewer. It won't work on my PC. I can try again though.

[/quote]
The images directory should be one of the very first folders you get when you FTP into your site... what do you use to upload stuff to your website?

RE: Help install theme to MyBB. - Peter L - 10-10-2011

(10-10-2011, 12:07 PM)DΣxus Wrote: Best solution is to see if that happens with another MyBB theme. If it does, something's messed up with your MyBB Installation or SQL tables and you might have to reinstall the forum.

Stop giving terrible advice. He doesn't need to reinstall a forum.

Check out the official mybb.com tutorial on installing a theme..you're capable of that aren't you?

(10-10-2011, 01:04 PM)Laugh Wrote: Stop giving terrible advice. He doesn't need to reinstall a forum.

Check out the official mybb.com tutorial on installing a theme..you're capable of that aren't you?
Sorry, I said a lot of other stuff that could help in addition to that.