Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my first job: PC Repair Shop
Well, I have some bad news. I quit today.
I know what everyone is going to think and say, but I trust that not everyone is immature and will know what I mean here. He's been threatening to fire me for a few days because I wasn't moving fast enough. That's ridiculous, because I finished every PC that was brought in. A guy that has worked there 3 years came in and sat there because there was no work for him to do. IDK why he thought I wasn't getting enough done. He started getting an attitude with me, saying that I "wasn't cutting it" and that he had others lined up for my job. I think he was mad that I worked 9-6 (sometimes 9-7) Mon-Fri, and came in on Saturdays too (if you work all week you don't have to work weekends). He was having to pay me $8 an hour, whereas everyone else comes in one or two hours a day. I think that made him mad that I was there to work and not play, cause he doesn't have the money to pay me that much (the shop is small, only 4-5 people come in per day. Most of his money comes from installing security and phone systems for businesses and hotels.)

Anyway, Saturday did it for me. He jumped onto me saying that I didn't have to come in on Saturdays, and then walked out of the shop. When he came back, someone called asking for directions to the shop. I explained directions the best I could, but the guy asked to talk to my boss for directions. So I said, "Hey boss, this guy wants to talk to you. He needs directions. I tried explaining them to him but he still wants to talk to you."

He said, "Well can't you get him here? You come here everyday."

"Yea, but he asked to talk to you."

"Well what did you do, pack a bong before you came to work?!?!"

Then shook his head and grabbed the phone. It was at that point that I realized I may as well leave. I worked Saturday (only 10-2 on Saturdays) and didn't write my time down, just gave him four hours. I called him today and told him that I was done, that I felt like he wasn't satisfied with me and there was no reason to 'waist his time'. I'm going on vacation to Dauphin Island in four days, and when I return I'll look for another job.

I'm currently trying to enlist to the Air Force, but they're giving me trouble because of a knee injury I had during 8th grade (almost 6 years ago). Hopefully that pans out though.

Thanks for listening to my rant, haha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer job.. Chelloa 4 593 06-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Got A Job :D BreShiE 31 3,315 03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Job when your older... DaUB3R 16 1,849 12-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Alside
  Your first job alabama 16 1,885 10-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: iRun
  15 year old trying to find a job Psychosis 36 10,621 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM