Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8 Developer Preview Released [09.13.11]
Sounds weird. I think I'm going to have to test it out myself. As for programs not being there, I'm not surprised. After all, it's only a developer preview Tongue How was the speed though?
omfg it is horrible just tried it out.... not liking it at all

the visual studio 11 even failed... damn
slowly getting better
is there a timer on this OS? like if we were to ugprade to windows 8, will it expire at some point?
Microsoft tried to copy Mac lol. Mac still wins against windows 8.

I'm going to stick with windows 7 =P
Cool post, looking forward to the release.
(09-14-2011, 10:41 PM)spikebites Wrote: is there a timer on this OS? like if we were to ugprade to windows 8, will it expire at some point?

No, but it's not going to have all the features of the official release

(09-15-2011, 04:58 AM)RiXXoN Wrote: Cool post, looking forward to the release.

It was already released, read the thread, it's about the developer preview, and the release date i've even put in the thread title
I will try this out once it becomes RC stage becuase I want a better first impression of this upcoming operating system.

I am very anxious to see how tablet computing will change over time. I hope that the screen accuracy will be enough for photoshop or CAD work.

I am going to purchase digital project software to design buildings and I would love to see it work on a tablet. I wonder if gehry technologies will release a tablet friendly version.

this will hopefully convince them to do that.

I hope microsoft makes strict standards on hardware and only makes top-notch hardware be able to have the logo program for windows 8. I would hate to see people mis-using it on sub 300 dollar tablets and then the OS becoming like windows vista did with the vista capable sticker debacle.

I hope it turns out great.
I will try it once it actually gets released. Cant be fudged with re installing it and dealing with all the annoying beta bugs lol. I only hear good things about it though so we will wait and see.
[Image: blazin.gif]
Just install it on a virtual machine, that's what i've done, i've allocated around 50GB for it to run and around 4GB virtual memory when it's on and running.
vmware workstation 8.0 is the way to go with this. a few buds had vbox and it was freezing a lot. but vmware was more stable. give it a try.

I would but my project files are taking up tons of disk space, and I would prefer to wait till RC stage.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 8 - Release Preview (Download) AceInfinity 8 3,736 05-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Miltan