Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo vs Supercharger
In regards to tha waste gate all turbo's are fitted with a waste gate this is a fail safe measure for when you back off tha throttle & tha butterfly in ya throttle body shut's all that boost needs to go somewhere this is why a waste gate is implemented they are generally rather quiet but a blow-off valve is tha one that makes tha big noise normally 95db is tha legall limit for them once it's sound goes higher than 95db this is considered noise pollution this is tha same for car sterios and exhaust noise

B@nNeD
I prefer a Blow off valve, i just like the effect and sound. Also, i have seen turbo timers that don't require a waste gate or a blow off valve.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Yup spot on it was the blow-off valve. Silly me Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

With turbo timers they are used because when you shut your engine down your turbine will still keep spinning for atleast 1-2 mins later tha timer give's ya engine oil pressure a chance to stabilize and ensure that your turbo has enough lubrication so it isn't spinning on a dry housing & a dry turbo can cause premiture wear & permanant scouring of it's main shaft
I know what a turbo timer is. I was saying i have talked to people who have some that don't require a blow off valve or a dump gate.
(10-26-2009, 05:14 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: I know what a turbo timer is. I was saying i have talked to people who have some that don't require a blow off valve or a dump gate.
sorry Bro I missunderstood what you were saying but ok that's interesting you can make mods to ya oil supply to avoid timers but as for no valve or gate that is an interesting concept did ya get any spec's on there design because I would like to know how they done that
Don't be sorry it's cool. But no i didn't really get any info on it. My dad was helping some guys in the pits, we go to tracks allot to race. And he mentioned that he had some setup like that.
Hi Bro I've given this some thought maybe they have applied a redirection technique so instead of letting the waste just go back into the atmosphere they have redirected the waste back into the air intake box this could work. But I just have to say for 17 you are certainly off to a good start with your automotive knowledge if your dad nurtures this who knows what you will be capable of one day. Both you and DAMINK have earned a + rep as far as I am concerned & the moment I am able to do this I will.

keep it up guy's good job

B@nNeD
Thanks man, i started on engines at a young age. I have been around them for as long as i can remember. It's just something about how they work that amazes me. And i'm out of rep for today, but tomorrow. you are for sure getting a rep.
I think Superchargers are the best choice. I got a supercharger in my car and it works great. Turbos is getting too hot and will be overheated if you drive fast in a hot summer.
[Image: theblackmarketwqryt.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a Turbo Dcrac23 10 1,322 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Impulses SF
  my very annoying turbo problem.[Please?] ktmrider530 10 2,450 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Last Post: ktmrider530