Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo vs Supercharger
(10-26-2009, 03:38 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Nah man i was just kidding about the competing thing. I'm glad there are fellow gear heads on the site. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
I'm 30 my Bro & you?
Turbo for me. Can't stand superchargers.
May your vibrations feel good. </nonperverted>?

[Image: l_ab7cb1936b674509926042233129f5d6.png]
Well, i'm not trying to start an argument. I was just saying not all blowers are as efficient as a twin turbo setup. Sorry for the confusion i guess.
(10-26-2009, 03:43 PM)B@nNeD Wrote: I'm 30 my Bro & you?
Just 17. 18 in April.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
[Image: Blown_VCT_Engine.jpg]

Thats an under bonnet blower. Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

That's damn sexy.
(10-26-2009, 03:46 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [Image: Blown_VCT_Engine.jpg]

Thats an under bonnet blower. Smile

A turbine assisted blower nice.... this just proves that they can both be freinds and get along for one common cause. Ball bustin power haha I have noticed there's no intercooler used in this setup that would be a good thing to add to this setup

B@nNeD
For some reason, i have never really favored a gas engine though. I just love that diesel rumble. Not sure why.
We dont run diesel much here in Aus but i can see why. A big diesel engine with turbo and you never need to rev the thing. Great for reliability.

[Image: Dual%20471.gif]

Just for ha ha that pic lol. Twin blower on a V8.... Ohhhh yea!!!

One thing that perhaps needs to be mentioned is the loss of power from a blower. Up to 20% taken from the engines crankshaft where turbo uses little or no engine power to run.
So the same boost level on each would deliver more through a turbo. Still i love blowers.
Also wastegates are an issue. Well here in Aus there illegal actually restricting the turbo greatly.
Not actually sure on the legal issues there but i do know if you have a wastegate that can be heard the cops will canary you for it.
The Rules!

(10-26-2009, 04:04 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: We dont run diesel much here in Aus but i can see why. A big diesel engine with turbo and you never need to rev the thing. Great for reliability.

[Image: Dual%20471.gif]

Just for ha ha that pic lol. Twin blower on a V8.... Ohhhh yea!!!

One thing that perhaps needs to be mentioned is the loss of power from a blower. Up to 20% taken from the engines crankshaft where turbo uses little or no engine power to run.
So the same boost level on each would deliver more through a turbo. Still i love blowers.
Also wastegates are an issue. Well here in Aus there illegal actually restricting the turbo greatly.
Not actually sure on the legal issues there but i do know if you have a wastegate that can be heard the cops will canary you for it.

Oh my god, i just peed a little. Just a little though. I think i always liked them because i worked so hard to get mine, and they are just so so easy to get stupid amounts of horsepower out of.
I should add that with todays technology and how they have moved the impeller further down the exhaust thereby cooling it greatly and all but rendering intercoolers unneeded turbo does get another vote there.
I am just really old school to be honest. Damn if i was given an engine to build today and had the choice of 3 things.
1) Turbo
2) Blower
3) Big stick
I would actually go big stick lol. dump tons of fuel into it and a huge ass cam and generate horsepower that way. Smile
My latest engine build was exactly that. A 4 cyl lolol with a 76 degree rally cam in it with a 4 barrel carb off a V8. Plus loads of other goodies. Full build.
The thing sounded like a rotary.
The Rules!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a Turbo Dcrac23 10 1,322 06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Impulses SF
  my very annoying turbo problem.[Please?] ktmrider530 10 2,450 04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Last Post: ktmrider530