Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadowbox Help?
I don't see it on the main page, so you have it embedded inside of the IFRAME which is what the problem is most likely, I would need to fool with it a bit myself to figure it out, but you need to have that out of the IFRAME and on the main page. IFRAME's can be tricky because they can have embedded CSS and scripts in them which you don't see.

Note: Wow MyBB wouldn't let me post this until I got rid of your Quick quote, the loading thing would appear for half a second disappear and nothing would be posted.
(08-31-2011, 11:40 AM)Ace Wrote: I don't see it on the main page, so you have it embedded inside of the IFRAME which is what the problem is most likely, I would need to fool with it a bit myself to figure it out, but you need to have that out of the IFRAME and on the main page. IFRAME's can be tricky because they can have embedded CSS and scripts in them which you don't see.

Note: Wow MyBB wouldn't let me post this until I got rid of your Quick quote, the loading thing would appear for half a second disappear and nothing would be posted.

Yeh I know that's what I've been asking for help on lol..
You haven't provided me with a script or anything though, I still don't know the locations of them, post the exact scripts and i'll take a look
(08-31-2011, 12:08 PM)Ace Wrote: You haven't provided me with a script or anything though, I still don't know the locations of them, post the exact scripts and i'll take a look

I told you in my other post.

http://www.fragma.me/shadowbox.css
http://www.fragma.me/shadowbox.js
If you could show me an example of what you want I'll see what I can do.
Coder | Skype: EleganceHF | AIM: Chief
I don't have an example sorry.
All I want is for the shadowbox which is currently being shown through an iFrame located at http://www.fragma.me/gallery.php, do open on the main index.html page.

So when somebody clicks an image in the iFrame, the shadowbox doesn't open in the iFrame it opens in the main window.
I downloaded all of the files locally, and I actually don't think tthis would be possible, maybe if you had another javascript to reference to it? i've never done that before though...

The reason why I don't see it's possible is because you can't reference the js in one html page within an IFRAME and initiate it through the html from another web page without some severe modifications. You would have to have 2 files, but then the one being called when you click the image wouldn't be the same one trying to initiate on the separate webpage outside of the IFRAME as I see it.

Maybe someone has a solution out there, but I don't have it lol
Yeh to be honest I didn't really think it would be possible. Just thought I'd ask anyway on the off chance.
(08-31-2011, 01:08 PM)Fragma Wrote: Yeh to be honest I didn't really think it would be possible. Just thought I'd ask anyway on the off chance.

Don't just give up though, there usually is a way, and I haven't worked with IFRAMES enough to become a pro at them. Try visiting a webmaster forum and posting a thread on this.
Did a little searching and found the answer! Big Grin

I don't understand any of the code I've just added but it seems to work pretty nicely!