Support Forums

Full Version: Shadowbox Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically I've added a shadowbox feature to my site for the gallery section, however because I'm displaying the content of thepage through an iFrame, the shadowbox is also contained within the iFrame, making it quite pointless, as the image remains small. What I'm wondering is if there's a way of clicking the link in the iFrame, but then having the Shadowbox open in the main window??

You can see what I mean here: http://www.fragma.me (click the gallery link @ the bottom).

Are you looking for somthing like what I have in my site?
Click on a photo : http://techbuilderslab.co.cc/RadioProjects.html

Or do you want a smaller shadow?

Inventor
(08-31-2011, 10:16 AM)Inventor Wrote: [ -> ]Are you looking for somthing like what I have in my site?
Click on a photo : http://techbuilderslab.co.cc/RadioProjects.html

Or do you want a smaller shadow?

Inventor

No I think you've totally misunderstood me.
Click an image on my gallery page. You'll see the image opens in a "Shadowbox" which darkens out the page to show the image enlarged.

IFRAME's can have embedded CSS and styles that apply to only the frame itself. To get it to your entire page, you will have to take those files out to use them with the page your on and not just the IFRAME, whether it's javascript, php, etc...
(08-31-2011, 10:50 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]IFRAME's can have embedded CSS and styles that apply to only the frame itself. To get it to your entire page, you will have to take those files out to use them with the page your on and not just the IFRAME, whether it's javascript, php, etc...

I'm not wanting the whole iFrame to show on the entire page, just the Shadowbox within the iFrame.
Well, the shadow box only opens inside the Iframe in a android browser, I haven't seen it on a PC browser yet.
(08-31-2011, 10:53 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not wanting the whole iFrame to show on the entire page, just the Shadowbox within the iFrame.

that's what I meant, but you have to take the file out and specify that you want it on the entire page. It's designed to work inside the IFRAME. Where is your IFRAME location? There must be a script that is embedded in the IFRAME for that shadow
The iFrame's location is /gallery.php
I know I have to specify that I want it on the entire page, but that's what I don't know how to do.
(08-31-2011, 11:05 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]The iFrame's location is /gallery.php
I know I have to specify that I want it on the entire page, but that's what I don't know how to do.

Do you have the actual script for the shadow box that you're using?
(08-31-2011, 11:19 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the actual script for the shadow box that you're using?

/shadowbox.css
/shadowbox.js

And for the HTML:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="shadowbox.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="shadowbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
Shadowbox.init();
</script>

Code:
<a href="gallery/1.png" rel="shadowbox">Link</a>
Pages: 1 2