Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My 2nd Web Design
The buttons are just IFRAME's of the webpage itself, but it looks nice otherwise, you just need to get them linking to the places you want and get some content.

If you need help I can help you out.
(08-30-2011, 11:58 AM)Ace Wrote: The buttons are just IFRAME's of the webpage itself, but it looks nice otherwise, you just need to get them linking to the places you want and get some content.

If you need help I can help you out.

No point linking until I have some content to link to. I'm getting the pages sorted out first.
Cheers.
(08-30-2011, 12:00 PM)Fragma Wrote: No point linking until I have some content to link to. I'm getting the pages sorted out first.
Cheers.

I would expand those iframes then a bit, i'm thinking it will look a little silly, content should be on the page, unless you have Twitter, Facebook, etc... ** Which is what it looks like you're going to do. But the IFRAME I noticed didn't expand to the margins of that white border very well, I think it could be adjusted a bit to make it just inside that white border
I did some editing to your html and css, and came up with this to show you:
[Image: iTpXt46ary6l1.png]

You have to edit your element.style {} CSS because it takes priority

Here's the quick edits I made:
Code:
element.style {
height: 295px;
margin-left: 15px;
margin-top: -30px;
visibility: visible;
width: 700px;
}

And in the <iframe style= html I set the frameborder="1" property, although I would recommend putting everything into the CSS. I just did that for a quick test. You have too much styling in the html.
Thanks for that Ace! The social links to the right will be links to the appropriate pages. So Facebook will link to my Facebook page, rather than displaying it in the iFrame. The iFrame will only be for the top & footer navigation's.

Looks good though, one thing you really need to keep track of, which is something I do with all my websites, is browser compatibility. The template looks a bit messed up in IE9 for me, and the links have styles on them. You should override them in the CSS to have them with no style (The logo image since it's a link, and the buttons to the right of the IFRAME from what I can see)
(08-30-2011, 12:31 PM)Ace Wrote: Looks good though, one thing you really need to keep track of, which is something I do with all my websites, is browser compatibility. The template looks a bit messed up in IE9 for me, and the links have styles on them. You should override them in the CSS to have them with no style (The logo image since it's a link, and the buttons to the right of the IFRAME from what I can see)

Yeh I noticed this. Fixed it now. It should, I hope, be fine on all browsers now.
Looks very nice thus far, however I feel the colour intensity of the outglow on that boarder is too close of a colour to the actual boarder. It gives quite an awkward look in my opinion. Maybe make the glow a little softer? Other than that it seems very professional and minimalistic so far.
(08-30-2011, 05:53 PM)kyoutu Wrote: Looks very nice thus far, however I feel the colour intensity of the outglow on that boarder is too close of a colour to the actual boarder. It gives quite an awkward look in my opinion. Maybe make the glow a little softer? Other than that it seems very professional and minimalistic so far.

It's not a glow it's drop shadow Tongue
(08-31-2011, 03:31 AM)Fragma Wrote: It's not a glow it's drop shadow Tongue

It is? O.o It has all the characteristics of an outerglow rather than a drop shadow, either way the same applies with my previous comment. =]
(08-31-2011, 04:46 AM)kyoutu Wrote: It is? O.o It has all the characteristics of an outerglow rather than a drop shadow, either way the same applies with my previous comment. =]

As it's drop shadow, it doesn't need to have much going on with it. I think it looks fine so I won't be changing it. Thanks for the feedback though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any good service for web design and support? Kdstack 1 900 06-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: JoseSheehan
  Benefits of having a custom web design. dargin 2 793 03-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Last Post: priyavasanth
  What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design? sponnerjhon 25 5,219 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Toph
  Web Design Rough Draft Peter L 8 1,427 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  New Signature+Avatar [2nd attempt] Dogbert 7 1,399 09-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bateyy