Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Spriting A Rocket Launcher At 400% Speed (Pixel artists wanted for a Yoshi game!)
(11-02-2009, 03:50 PM)JDBar Wrote: It looks brilliant. Definitely will use it!

I got some bug fixes to do before I work more on the guns. I discover more weirdo little bugs every day. XP

haha. Well, you finding the bugs is better than someone else. Anyway, here is the M14 textured as well :
[Image: finishedspritem14.png]
[Image: mint.png]
Sweet. You've gotten pretty good at this. Want to try your hand at a Flamethrower? I can't find a good reference of a real one, but here's a mini one from the Combat Arms site:
[Image: mv5lb8.png]
http://i37.tinypic.com/mv5lb8.png

Also: the format you're making these sprites is perfect. Having the arms preplaced on the guns saves me a lot of time. (though having the gun alone is important too) And now you pretty much have your own section on the full weapons sprite sheet. XP
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(11-03-2009, 04:13 PM)JDBar Wrote: Sweet. You've gotten pretty good at this. Want to try your hand at a Flamethrower? I can't find a good reference of a real one, but here's a mini one from the Combat Arms site:
[Image: mv5lb8.png]

Also: the format you're making these sprites is perfect. Having the arms preplaced on the guns saves me a lot of time. (though having the gun alone is important too) And now you pretty much have your own section on the full weapons sprite sheet. XP
Thumbsup
I did try it and I think it is the most detailed one I've done so far. I had real trouble placing the hands though, I must admit. Hope they're acceptable the way they are :
[Image: finishedspriteflamethro.png]
[Image: mint.png]
Looks good, but I think I'll edit the canisters a little. Nice job!

You've done a lot of sprites. I think you deserve a better reward than just a spot in the credits. If you want some sort of banner ad in the game, or a cameo in the campaign mode, PM me. It's the least I could do. Thumbsup
Hey guys this looks pretty sweet i'd like to try my hand at it any suggestions for a gun and just to clarify photoshop is compatible rite? nvm ill just get gimp and try it
Mind if I try a barret m103?

[Image: 20684-1.jpg]
You can use Photoshop to sprite, just make sure you make it kind of like TheDoctor does and put it in PNG format.

Also: Here's a video of how easy it is to implement new guns into the engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBO8NLFTx4Y
ok well i'm gonna try and learn gimp have ne tips?
Just everything on the first post, bottom of page 4, and top of page 5.
ok thanx man hope to finish it 2nite
do u have aim or msn cuz i have a couple of questions that would be really nice to have answered pm me if you don't mind helping me out if not ill search around for a guide
You guys mind if I try?
I could try this

[Image: 57chinese_machine_gun.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some random pixel art by me TalishHF 19 2,327 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Calling all able Graphic artists. Teruko 10 1,748 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Teruko
  Outstanding Artists: 8*B1t Eve 9 2,510 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bkotz
  A Quick Yoshi Cartoon Based On A Doodle (XCF file for GIMP included) JDBar 8 3,563 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.