Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Spriting A Rocket Launcher At 400% Speed (Pixel artists wanted for a Yoshi game!)
Just finished a weapon called MINIMI. Never heard of it before, but here it is :
[Image: finishedspriteminimi.png]

Doesn't really look like the original though. I'll have a go at Sniper rifles tomorrow.
[Image: mint.png]
Hm. I don't think I really like that one. Yoshi's arms should still be a reasonable length when it comes to two handed weapons. They should be scaled to a size so that Yoshi can hold them with the pair of arms shown in the guide. In that sprite, his back arm is twice as long as his front arm.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
I made a dagger/knife, would it work?

[Image: daggerorknife.png]

Edit: Actually, I think it's too big
(10-31-2009, 12:16 PM)JDBar Wrote: Hm. I don't think I really like that one. Yoshi's arms should still be a reasonable length when it comes to two handed weapons. They should be scaled to a size so that Yoshi can hold them with the pair of arms shown in the guide. In that sprite, his back arm is twice as long as his front arm.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll try to fix that 2mrw.
[Image: mint.png]
I admire anyone that can do pixel graphics. It's actually a lot tougher than it looks to create small icons and such.

Great video and good job on the rocket.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
[Image: eqzep1.png]

I was confued on how to get yoshi off the sprite sheet, so I took my free select tool, and just went around the yoshi I wanted. Is there an easier way?

EDIT: I took the wrong sprite heres the better one

[Image: 2552ve0.png]
Sorry nevets, I don't think that'll work. And I do believe that is your knife image rotated and resized... I suggest you check out this tutorial: It has 11 parts but it's worth checking out.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Hmmm, how do you make these weapons?

This thread is getting alot of attention i guess i can give'er a go.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
(10-31-2009, 08:27 PM)JDBar Wrote: Sorry nevets, I don't think that'll work. And I do believe that is your knife image rotated and resized... I suggest you check out this tutorial: It has 11 parts but it's worth checking out.

It is rotated and resized, why is this a problem?
(10-31-2009, 09:38 PM)nevets04 Wrote: It is rotated and resized, why is this a problem?

This is a problem because you can't put it in the hand of a video game character.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some random pixel art by me TalishHF 19 2,325 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Calling all able Graphic artists. Teruko 10 1,746 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Teruko
  Outstanding Artists: 8*B1t Eve 9 2,506 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bkotz
  A Quick Yoshi Cartoon Based On A Doodle (XCF file for GIMP included) JDBar 8 3,562 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.