Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Spriting A Rocket Launcher At 400% Speed (Pixel artists wanted for a Yoshi game!)
[Image: wt8zk7.png][Image: 2u5evf6.jpg]

Those are the new sprites that my friend Kensuga sprited. Unfortunately he saved the Molotov in JPG format so now I have to open it in GIMP and get rid of the artifacts/junk pixels that got created around the bottle.

EDIT: Currently working on the weapons system. There's a lot to do but I'm guessing I should have it ready by the middle of this week. (would be by end of Sunday, but I got to study for a math and history and Japanese test. D: )
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
I tried playing soldant, but my computer isnt good enough Sad
Another one : UZI
[Image: finishedspriteuzi.png]
This is fun lol Roflmao
[Image: mint.png]
That one is pretty awesome too. Nice job! Spriting weapons got pretty addicting for me too. Usually I dread the graphical part of creating games, but I had fun this time making the weapons.
Here is another one : [Image: spriteusp.png]
It's supposed to be a USP even though it looks more like a Desert Eagle.
It looks a little big. I might modify that one a little, but it looks good. Three sprites from you already. Big Grin At this rate you might get a Special Thanks in the game.

I'm progressing on the weapons system. So far I've got the gun sprites jumping to the right place on Yoshi's body. The more tedious part now is to have the gun rotate to face the mouse, and use some geometry math stuff to calculate where the bullet comes out of the gun. And the method that I'm making the bullets is going to be something new to me, so it might be a little while before I get everything completely working.
(10-31-2009, 10:27 AM)JDBar Wrote: I'm progressing on the weapons system. So far I've got the gun sprites jumping to the right place on Yoshi's body. The more tedious part now is to have the gun rotate to face the mouse, and use some geometry math stuff to calculate where the bullet comes out of the gun. And the method that I'm making the bullets is going to be something new to me, so it might be a little while before I get everything completely working.

lol. That definitely sounds impressive Big Grin
Btw, I'd need the "moving" Yoshi as well. The one in your sig. So that I can sprite rifles and not just smaller weapons.
[Image: 26440lx.png]
There's the guide to making 2 handed weapons.
(10-31-2009, 11:25 AM)JDBar Wrote: [Image: 26440lx.png]
There's the guide to making 2 handed weapons.

Cheers, I'll start right away. Do you want Sniper Rifles as well ?
(10-31-2009, 11:32 AM)TheDoctor Wrote: Cheers, I'll start right away. Do you want Sniper Rifles as well ?

Definitely. Sniper rifles would be cool to have. Since the whole "scoped view" thing doesn't work in side-scrolling games, I'd probably either increase the view size when using a sniper rifle so they can see around them further, or just make them 2 shot kill guns (1 shot for the head though).

EDIT: Still making progress. It's a little sketchy right now, but here's a private preview of what I have so far in terms of the weapon system.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some random pixel art by me TalishHF 19 2,282 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Calling all able Graphic artists. Teruko 10 1,715 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Teruko
  Outstanding Artists: 8*B1t Eve 9 2,452 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bkotz
  A Quick Yoshi Cartoon Based On A Doodle (XCF file for GIMP included) JDBar 8 3,534 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.