Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Spriting A Rocket Launcher At 400% Speed (Pixel artists wanted for a Yoshi game!)
I'll have a go at some tomorrow!
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]
Sweet! Your sigs are really awesome. If your pixel art is as good as your rendered stuff, you'd be twice as awesome.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Haha, never tryed it to be honest. I sometimes render sprites though so I'm good with pixels.
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]
Heh, well it's pretty easy to get the hang of.

Anyways, I'm like this close to being ready to add weapons.
I have never done this before and there is a problem I ran into. Whenever I try to resize the weapon, it blurs. I don't know why.
Here I drew it in 400 % zoom :
[Image: 84328667.jpg]
If I resize it to fit the 100 % one it blurs ?!?!?!

Same with this one going from small to big :
[Image: 41231720.jpg]
Again, I have never done this before and thats also why I tried myself on such a easy weapon.
[Image: mint.png]
When scaling sprites in professional graphics software like Photoshop and GIMP, it's best to turn interpolation off. I don't know how to do it in Photoshop, but when scaling an image in GIMP a pop up window asks you what size to change it to and offers different methods of interpolation. (at least, I think it's called interpolation)

I might use your sprite. Thanks.
That is sexy Big Grin
My attempt with GIMP worked way better. Also thanks for the interpolation thingy. I'll have a look if I find that setting on Photoshop.
[Image: finishedspritegrenade.png]
[Image: mint.png]
That grenade is pretty sweet. I'll definitely use that sprite.

Anyways, the movement system is finished (there were a few bumps wrapping it up, mostly due to my own stupidity) and I'm ready to start programming weapons. I'll have to start that in 2 hours though, because my brother wants to use my computer. Sometimes it's annoying having 2 computer-addicted siblings and one computer. Glare
(10-28-2009, 03:09 PM)JDBar Wrote: No new weapon sprites from me today, but I'm working more on the game itself. My friend sprited a battle axe and a molotov cocktail, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. I just finished implementing Yoshi's "flutter"/double-jump and I'm almost ready to begin working on adding the weapons themselves. Here's a pre-alpha video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7YfwN1z1e0

Looks good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some random pixel art by me TalishHF 19 2,282 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Calling all able Graphic artists. Teruko 10 1,715 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Teruko
  Outstanding Artists: 8*B1t Eve 9 2,452 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bkotz
  A Quick Yoshi Cartoon Based On A Doodle (XCF file for GIMP included) JDBar 8 3,534 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.