Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Spriting A Rocket Launcher At 400% Speed (Pixel artists wanted for a Yoshi game!)
Woah, that's awesome!
Really nice, I will rate this.
|| Rules || Market ||
[Image: t6e147.gif]
Cool cool glad you liked it! lol
[Image: NewPeacesig.png]
Peace hath more tests of manhood then battle hath ever known.
No new weapon sprites from me today, but I'm working more on the game itself. My friend sprited a battle axe and a molotov cocktail, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. I just finished implementing Yoshi's "flutter"/double-jump and I'm almost ready to begin working on adding the weapons themselves. Here's a pre-alpha video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7YfwN1z1e0
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(10-28-2009, 03:09 PM)JDBar Wrote: No new weapon sprites from me today, but I'm working more on the game itself. My friend sprited a battle axe and a molotov cocktail, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. I just finished implementing Yoshi's "flutter"/double-jump and I'm almost ready to begin working on adding the weapons themselves. Here's a pre-alpha video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7YfwN1z1e0
That's looking really good and promising. Well done Thumbsup
[Image: mint.png]
Yep, nice spritting job dude. Tho Yoshi walking thro walls looked kinda freakky.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Good luck with the game, it looks good. I'll be sure to keep checking back here for more updates. Well done.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(10-29-2009, 10:50 AM)Climate Wrote: Yep, nice spritting job dude. Tho Yoshi walking thro walls looked kinda freakky.

Thanks. I'm assuming you meant his head going through the ceilings a bit. I made it like that on purpose, because I didn't want to have the head count in collisions for walls and ceilings. I thought it looked okay. (His head will count when it comes to bullets though; you can't have a shooter without headshots. Tongue)

(10-29-2009, 10:54 AM)Skill Wrote: Good luck with the game, it looks good. I'll be sure to keep checking back here for more updates. Well done.

Thanks. Today I'm going to start adding the weapon system... kind of. I'm actually going to have to make a second set of rules for Yoshi to follow when he is carrying a gun first, so he faces either left or right depending on where the mouse is. Then I can start to add weapons.
Hey man, really nice.

By the way are you creating a game?

And if so if you need help, just ask meh Smile
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
It just disturbs a bit. Its so odd Big Grin
But the game is good. Nicely spritted.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Thanks. Besides gameplay, I'm putting much focus on graphics. I want to try and make this game have some eye candy once I finish up the engine. I'm almost done creating the second control set, which nobody probably knows what I'm talking about. I'm also fixing up a few more glitches before I move on to adding weapons. I found out the player was able to hang from ceilings if he tried to go Prone at the perfect time after double jumping. XP Easily fixable though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some random pixel art by me TalishHF 19 2,288 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Calling all able Graphic artists. Teruko 10 1,720 07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Teruko
  Outstanding Artists: 8*B1t Eve 9 2,457 08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bkotz
  A Quick Yoshi Cartoon Based On A Doodle (XCF file for GIMP included) JDBar 8 3,536 12-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.