Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i change my static IP?
I have time warner cable.
I ended up not doing the three step's i had planned i got cought up in downloading while i fell asleep.
call your isp and tell them what you want done.
(08-15-2011, 12:10 PM)Derp™ Wrote: I have time warner cable.
I ended up not doing the three step's i had planned i got cought up in downloading while i fell asleep.

try for like 10-30 min it should work give you a new ip
You go to control panel and set the ip for the ip4v. After, you have to go into your router settings and assign that IP to your computers MAC address. Hope this helps.

Regards,
brendanle78
Your ISP can help you out with this. I see no other way.
(09-19-2011, 10:50 PM)Slash Wrote: Your ISP can help you out with this. I see no other way.

There's lots of other ways, but contacting your internet service provider is one of them. (Not the only one though)
(08-14-2011, 12:25 PM)Derp™ Wrote: Hello SF, today i am posting this thread to see if anyone can help me change my static IP.

In the settings on my router there is a setting to change my static IP.
I have a linksys e1000.

here is a picture of what my screen looks like when i go to change my static IP

Whenever i go to change the digits for "Internet IP Address:"

A pop up comes up
"The IP address and the gateway are not in the same subnet mask"

This is where i get loss can somebody please help me?

your IP address and gateway are are 2 different subnets, which means they can't communicate. put your IP and Gateway on the same subnet and there you go.
Login to your router/modem and change it's MAC address and restart the device. That should work.

But what I always done for changing static IP's is calling your ISP, they always done it for me. I can't see why they couldn't help you.
Call your ISP and ask how you can have it changed.

Why do you not have DHCP?
[Image: 176562376884.jpg]
I think you can just call your ISP. It works for me