Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i change my static IP?
I am trying to figure out why this thread is still alive i posted this a long time ago and figured out how to change my static ip.
MY solution was my router has a DHP release time i waited for that release time to be 1 minute and turned off my router turned off my modem and pc two, after that i waited a few minutes and sure enough my IP was changed when i plugged everything back in.
If you actually have static IP then no, you can't change it.
Portforward.com has a static IP setup program if that is what you are looking for
Like i stated earlier, i figured it out, thanks for all your reply's tho.
Looks like you've already found your answer, but I'd like to say something.

I myself have a static IP, and the only ways I've gotten it changed was leaving my modem and router unplugged for about a week when I went on vacation.
Other than that, I've tried in the 192.168.1.1 panel and have never been able to successfully do it.
I even called my ISP (comcast) multiple times, and they always say the same thing.
I've had my current ip for like atleast a year now, ;/
[Image: 2.png]
I usually just call my ISP and they friendly push through a New IP. You should call Smile.
[Image: lDr9r.png]
Thanks for giving information.Recently i changed my static ip with a help of ISP.After that i checked my new ip using http://www.ip-details.com/