Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSOD and Bad Performance
(01-03-2012, 01:29 PM)Innocence. Wrote: Well, BSOD is caused by many things. One of the most common is overload of viruses or infections. You should try using MBAM (Malware Bytes) and run it in full scan. This will make sure it thoroughly and fully scans your whole computer. If it catches any infections, make sure you quarantine them all. Your computer could be running slow due to viruses as well, and also low computer space.

Nope, it's actually more commonly caused by driver and RAM issues.

If you require help with a BSOD you should do the following...

1. Locate your Minidumps folder:
  • This is usually placed in C:\Windows\Minidump\. Navigate to that location and copy all of the files over into a folder on your desktop and preferrably compress them into an archive before uploading to a file host.

2. Provide your crash dumps in the next post with the download link to the .dmp files
  • I will review/debug the crash dump to more accurately verify the cause of this BSOD.
  • Note: Further instructions will be given after I have reviewed the crash dump, be patient, and don't do ANYTHING while i'm in the review process as solving BSOD's requires patience, and a logical order of operations. If you do anything that I have not asked you to do, you are only puting your own system at risk, because now you're just on your own doing trial and error.

Messages In This Thread
BSOD and Bad Performance - by SleepyTroll - 08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
RE: BSOD and Bad Performance - by Innocence. - 01-03-2012, 01:29 PM
RE: BSOD and Bad Performance - by AceInfinity - 01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: BSOD and Bad Performance - by Innocence. - 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: BSOD and Bad Performance - by AceInfinity - 01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: BSOD and Bad Performance - by acp31 - 10-30-2012, 01:55 AM
RE: BSOD and Bad Performance - by decoin12 - 07-26-2017, 08:38 AM