Support Forums

Full Version: BSOD and Bad Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.My issues are: Recently removed a RAT. I honestly don't know how it got on my computer, was out of the country for a month+ and the only person who used it when I was gone was my mom and she doesn't download anything. She only uses it for work. My performance has been reduced to crap and I can't boot up into normal windows. Have to use safe mode or I get BSOD. Also get random pop up tabs when using Mozilla Firefox.

2.My MBAM log: http://pastebin.com/WrGQVf6K

3.My HJT log: http://pastebin.com/ub8rMd5K

4.My DDS log:
DDS: http://pastebin.com/B27u19Lq
Attach : http://www.mediafire.com/?svxyzmcmx2bs7o8
Issues encountered:
Can't post DDS Attach due to every site I go on trying to paste it saying connected to server was reset when I hit submit. I'll upload it to mediafire.
Well, BSOD is caused by many things. One of the most common is overload of viruses or infections. You should try using MBAM (Malware Bytes) and run it in full scan. This will make sure it thoroughly and fully scans your whole computer. If it catches any infections, make sure you quarantine them all. Your computer could be running slow due to viruses as well, and also low computer space.
(01-03-2012, 01:29 PM)Innocence. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, BSOD is caused by many things. One of the most common is overload of viruses or infections. You should try using MBAM (Malware Bytes) and run it in full scan. This will make sure it thoroughly and fully scans your whole computer. If it catches any infections, make sure you quarantine them all. Your computer could be running slow due to viruses as well, and also low computer space.

Nope, it's actually more commonly caused by driver and RAM issues.

If you require help with a BSOD you should do the following...

1. Locate your Minidumps folder:
  • This is usually placed in C:\Windows\Minidump\. Navigate to that location and copy all of the files over into a folder on your desktop and preferrably compress them into an archive before uploading to a file host.

2. Provide your crash dumps in the next post with the download link to the .dmp files
  • I will review/debug the crash dump to more accurately verify the cause of this BSOD.
  • Note: Further instructions will be given after I have reviewed the crash dump, be patient, and don't do ANYTHING while i'm in the review process as solving BSOD's requires patience, and a logical order of operations. If you do anything that I have not asked you to do, you are only puting your own system at risk, because now you're just on your own doing trial and error.

(01-03-2012, 02:34 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, it's actually more commonly caused by driver and RAM issues.

If you require help with a BSOD you should do the following...

1. Locate your Minidumps folder:
  • This is usually placed in C:\Windows\Minidump\. Navigate to that location and copy all of the files over into a folder on your desktop and preferrably compress them into an archive before uploading to a file host.

2. Provide your crash dumps in the next post with the download link to the .dmp files
  • I will review/debug the crash dump to more accurately verify the cause of this BSOD.
  • Note: Further instructions will be given after I have reviewed the crash dump, be patient, and don't do ANYTHING while i'm in the review process as solving BSOD's requires patience, and a logical order of operations. If you do anything that I have not asked you to do, you are only puting your own system at risk, because now you're just on your own doing trial and error.

Yes, but infections tend to cause those issues. Your logic is right, but not completely ;)
Innocence. Wrote:Yes, but infections tend to cause those issues. Your logic is right, but not completely ;)

My logic is 100% right, re-read what I posted.

AceInfinity Wrote:Nope, it's actually more commonly caused by driver and RAM issues.

I never said it was the only cause. But I have dealt with many BSOD crash dumps, and I can say this through personal experience that very few that I get are caused by viruses.

Here's what you said:
Innocence. Wrote:Well, BSOD is caused by many things. One of the most common is overload of viruses or infections

------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Innocence. did you not just realized that you bumped this thread from "Thursday, August 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM"? I'm sure he doesn't require help anymore after all this time, make sure you read the dates threads were posted before posting in them especially for computer help threads. Omg
I got a BSOD before, and I was suspected is my RAM, well, after replacing my RAM, boom! no more BSOD. If the BSOD occur frequently, this is probably the Hardware fault, while other cases is incompatible Softwares.
Since doing a clean install with 10 I have had many performance issues ... Finally I came to using the driver verifer tool to try and force a BSOD.