Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking About Dying
everyone is afraid of death, i feel i won't know what happens when the time comes and it just scares me to think about it.
Okay, for everyone who posts saying "I feel like this too". Please DON'T! I get that everyone feels this way, just I need a way to keep my mind off it, at least temporarily.
No one really knows what happens when you die. It might be scary but you should worry about it when you get older not now. You should be happy for the life you have and whats to come, not be scared of death.
Think about the life you live. You want to live. Death comes no matter what, you can't run and hide from it. You can't avoid it. There is no reason to be afraid of it because it is the greatest release from all you troubles and worries. From the pain and suffering that comes in life. But when you live, live to enjoy the pleasures of life. Live happy and think about the next person you are going to lay with, whether its the same as it has been or if its to be a new one. Think of the lives you have impacted. Who will remember you tomorrow, who remembered you yesterday. Who will know you for years to come. Enjoy your life with these people. Move forward, always stand tall and try to build something of yourself. What can you create with your own two hands? Find out, and strive to do it. Make your mark in this world while you are still alive, and enjoy doing it. That is what needs to occupy your mind. Your goals, your life. Not the end, not your death. Life and all its glories.
And you can't be sure of what comes after death. No one knows. Not even science. We don't know if religion is right, and if so, which one. We don't KNOW that science is right. (I am not religious, believe in science myself), but science is only our best educated guess based upon the information we are provided with. There is no reason to be scared of what you don't know. You don't always know whats in the dark, but still you need to step into it. Half the time you use a flash light. As far as you know, you could die and wake up in another life with no recollection of anything. Thus, would being scared matter at all, or would it have been a waste of emotion and energy?
Thank-you sadlysofake, that is the best bit of information I've had, it's widened my eys to so many things, you're so right. I can't thank you enough for this, although I don't think it'll stop me worrying about it but still amazing thing you did for me here! Thanks so much.

Worry isn't something you can just drop and get rid of. I use to have lots of issues with worrying. For me it wasn't one particular thing. I just worried too much about everything. Once you get a hold of it though, getting over it is a big relief. I am not fully done getting rid of mine, but already I can feel the change.
I've thought about death a lot as well, but surprisingly it's not SCARY for me, it's actually interesting when I wonder where you can go after death. I often try to imagine what an afterlife would be like...
These thoughts have stopped now, or at least decreased so this thread is no longer needed, but thanks everyone for their help.
(08-06-2011, 10:05 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I know, I have to get in the right state of mind, I wish I could learn to accept the fact that I'm going to die, and it's just going to be like sleeping. I know this. But eterny will go by and you wont even realize?

I understand how it feels. I think I'm worst than you. I think about death almost every night. My solution is listen to music, sometimes it slips into my music, but the music make me comfort.
I really want to know what follows after death.
(03-03-2012, 06:50 PM)lif3 Wrote: I understand how it feels. I think I'm worst than you. I think about death almost every night. My solution is listen to music, sometimes it slips into my music, but the music make me comfort.
I really want to know what follows after death.

Blackness my friend, nothing more, nothing less. Think about afterlife if you want, but I doubt it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking About Suicide :'( I Need Help. Being Bullied At School. -Infectious 35 7,615 12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine
  Dying from unknown pain need help coolprince 9 1,875 03-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Last Post: ISO_
  Those thinking about the military Soldier 9 771 03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Soldier
  Dying in your Dreams Omniscient 110 33,087 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Rage
  A girl I like, can't stop thinking about her. Atmosphere 11 3,993 07-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Atmosphere