Support Forums

Full Version: Thinking About Dying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I don't know why, but now and again, I think about what happens when you die, and it really extremely scares me.

I would be just sat watching netflix, and it would pop into my head, what happens when you die? Do you just cease to exist? If so, that's just not possible? Is it? I'm really honestly scaring myself, and I have a feeling it's going to end up affecting me mentally. The last time something like this happened, I got scared about 'What would happen if gravity was just to suddenly stop' That really scared me, to the point where I nearly developed Agoraphobia (fear of leaving my home).

Now this thought has been going on before the gravity one, and still sticks in my head, I honestly have no clue what to do, it really scares me.

I guess I just grew out of the gravity one? Even though it was only like a month? But what about the fear of dying? What do I do?

It just got to the point where I felt hot and cold at the same time just thinking about it, I could really do with some help, please.

No negative comments that would scare me even more please, it's driving me crazy.
it's human curiosity, when I watch science documents on the universe or anything like that it makes you wonder what kind of other life is out there and what would happen if there was no life. If you think about it, if you didn't exist, how would that feel like? But then you realize, that if you didn't exist, you wouldn't experience time or anything, you'd go on through time without it being a part of existance for you because there is no you. So how would that work, you can't become "bored" because you don't exist, but time will keep going without you?

Very strange, and impossible to comprehend in my opinion. The billion years or so that we can date back to, felt like no time at all by the time anyone was born, because you never felt/experienced that time.

Maybe everyone did have a previous existence, but we just can't recollect or have any memory of it. Every "new" life becomes a renewed memory from the one that no longer exists?

Ton's of theories out there, but I won't listen to anyone else trying to preach religion to me, saying one thing is right and another is wrong. Mainly because I myself can't say what is right and what is wrong, but it really pisses me off when someone tries to tell me what I believe or what to believe in. To each their own.
I'm an Atheist, I have no religion, I believe in science, I guess that's why I think about it?

Do you know anyways I could stop thinking about it? It really honestly scares me man.
(08-06-2011, 08:34 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I'm an Atheist, I have no religion, I believe in science, I guess that's why I think about it?

Do you know anyways I could stop thinking about it? It really honestly scares me man.

Just don't think about it. Simple as that, there's no kind of hypnosis, take 3 pills, meditate or do this, kind of solution.

You control your own mind, people forget that.

Me? i'm not even Athiest, I just don't believe in religion period. In my mind it's just a safety net, a thing for people to have faith in to make sense of the world that they can't comprehend. There's not enough time to understand how the world really works.
It's not as easy as to 'not think about it', I do, all the time, I have to play a game to keep my mind occupied to not think about crap like this.
I have this feeling / depression every once in a while. I believe the correct term for it is existential depression. It scares me so much sometimes. To be honest, I think I became more religious because of it. Before I was kind of in the "idk" stage, but now I think I believe in God and whatnot. Not just because I'm afraid of dying, but because I feel like everything that had to happen to create everything perfectly so that we could survive couldn't just be coincidence.
You know what? Even I'm a little afraid of dying. I have the same fear as you but it isn't that great. You need to think about it this way, by continuously thinking about it and fearing it, when you DO eventually die, you've wasted your life thinking about it. There is NO way to find out what happens when you die, but to dwell on that thought will ruin your life and before you die, when you come to accept death, you will regret it. Accept the fact that no matter whether the fact that you are going to wipe out of existence, or your going to heaven or whatever, then you HAVE to die remembered. Which is only possible if you stop going bonkers over death and start living the life you have right now. Hope I helped...and hope I didn't just made it worse.
I know, I have to get in the right state of mind, I wish I could learn to accept the fact that I'm going to die, and it's just going to be like sleeping. I know this. But eterny will go by and you wont even realize?
Maybe, maybe not. No one has your answers to eternity and what-not. So please, let us not ponder on the imponderable. So what if eternity rolls by? That should have no effect on you really. Anyways, the world's coming to an end unless we find a way to stop global warming, pollution, over-population and water problems. So life on Earth may soon end, so unless you like to see the universe with it's awesomeness of floating dust and rock particles, I suggest you forget about it Smile
My opinion on death is that you're in a sleeplike state. Your mind exists, but your body does not.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5