Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking About Dying
That doesn't help me to stop thinking about it though does it?
To be perfectly honest, there is no proof either way in terms of whether or not there is something more than our current lives awaiting us once we die. The best thing you can do about it is to just not worry, and live your life to your fullest. This reminds me of when people worry specifically about the fact that the world can end any day.

We can't predict the future, but that is no reason to stay inside and worry. The best thing you can do is accept that you cannot change what is beyond your control; and therefore there is no reason to waste your energy worrying about it. Just live the best life you can, live with no regrets, and have fun.

Smile
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(08-08-2011, 03:41 AM)Ambition Wrote: To be perfectly honest, there is no proof either way in terms of whether or not there is something more than our current lives awaiting us once we die. The best thing you can do about it is to just not worry, and live your life to your fullest.

That's what my effing problem is? I can't just NOT think about it, read the thread.
It's an understandable thing to be curious about. Unfortunately, no man has the answer. You just have to live life, and have faith in whatever it is that you believe.
(08-08-2011, 04:55 AM)BreShiE Wrote: That's what my effing problem is? I can't just NOT think about it, read the thread.

I used to be the same, although rather than getting scared over my own death, I was more worried about the death of a family member, and how I would cope with it. It's just a phase you're going through, and although these thoughts may be scaring the hell out of you now, they will fade away eventually, just give it time. Try to keep yourself as busy as possible, think happy thoughts, be around the ones you love, friends and family, etc..

(08-08-2011, 08:29 AM)Fragma Wrote: I used to be the same, although rather than getting scared over my own death, I was more worried about the death of a family member, and how I would cope with it. It's just a phase you're going through, and although these thoughts may be scaring the hell out of you now, they will fade away eventually, just give it time. Try to keep yourself as busy as possible, think happy thoughts, be around the ones you love, friends and family, etc..

Thank-you, finally a decent bit of advice. Infact, I remember a couple of years ago I went through a so called 'faze' of worrying about my grandma dying, then earlier this year I kept thinking about my dogs dying or in pain.

It really freaks me out. Huh
Just think about how many people you would hurt if you ended up dying, it's not worth it.
I'm Christian, but sometimes I think about a differential Hell theory-- where you're left alone with yourself for all eternity. It's horrifying. Try thinking of other possibilities, less scary ones.
Part of having an expanded conscious is we realize that we well die someday, its the price of having an advanced brain.

Nothing can be done for it mate, best bet is to became rich and hope you live long enough to benefit from advanced scientific life extension or something.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
(08-08-2011, 10:28 AM)Frida Wrote: Just think about how many people you would hurt if you ended up dying, it's not worth it.

You make me laugh, read the thread. I'm not suicidal, in fact quite the opposite.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking About Suicide :'( I Need Help. Being Bullied At School. -Infectious 35 7,613 12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine
  Dying from unknown pain need help coolprince 9 1,874 03-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Last Post: ISO_
  Those thinking about the military Soldier 9 771 03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Soldier
  Dying in your Dreams Omniscient 110 33,082 09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Rage
  A girl I like, can't stop thinking about her. Atmosphere 11 3,992 07-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Atmosphere