Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Proxy Server/VPN Section?
Omniscient Wrote:10-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Omniscient Offline
Contrarian
RE: Proxy Server/VPN Section?

Proxies and VPN's used for proxies could be discussed under Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help.

I can probably actually create a subforums in that section for "VPN's and Proxies".

Superman I am here to rescue you.

I was just wondering if there may be any developments regarding this possibilty in the near future?

Thanks.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is often linked with hacking discussion, which is not allowed here. You can say 'online privacy blah blah blah' all you want but we all know it'd instantly lead to hacking discussion.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(10-24-2009, 01:39 AM)iintens Wrote: This is often linked with hacking discussion, which is not allowed here. You can say 'online privacy blah blah blah' all you want but we all know it'd instantly lead to hacking discussion.

That point was already addressed, and at least the idea for this section was still under consideration, as indicated in the quote above.

In this context, using these type of things, is a powerful tool against hackers etc, and others who want to exploit the security of others when online.

We should know the best ways that we can defend ourselves when online, and your point about it leading to hacking discussions,
is insignifcant, because as you say, hacking discussions are not allowed here, and as I said, the idea was under some consideration.

Um...just wait it out. Whenever I get the chance I'll add it.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-29-2009, 12:53 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Um...just wait it out. Whenever I get the chance I'll add it.

OK thanks, sounds good!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,290 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section Jordan L. 9 2,606 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.
  Proxy Server/VPN Section? UID=0 9 1,212 10-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Last Post: UID=0