Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section
Hey Omni.

I was wondering if we could have a Software Release Section or a Ruby section or something. I recently posted some of my websites Software we offer, but I had to do it in the OSHIT area, because there wasn't a Ruby section nor a release section.

Just a suggestion ;)
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
I personally don't see what a "software release" section would have to do with "supportforums", but seeing as how the OSHIT ect areas exist, I guess I can see it happening. I think a Ruby section would be more practical, though.
(12-23-2009, 02:53 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I personally don't see what a "software release" section would have to do with "supportforums", but seeing as how the OSHIT ect areas exist, I guess I can see it happening. I think a Ruby section would be more practical, though.

Yeah, that's why I said or the Ruby section. I just need somewhere to post our software, considering it's in Ruby it may be more logical in the Ruby section.
Why not just a release section in general. If its source code it belongs in the programming section, if its a completed product (compiled) it should go in the release section. Once a program is compiled it doesn't matter what it was coded in.
(12-23-2009, 03:47 AM)Extasey Wrote: Why not just a release section in general. If its source code it belongs in the programming section, if its a completed product (compiled) it should go in the release section. Once a program is compiled it doesn't matter what it was coded in.

That is what I suggested first, lol.
Ohhhhh. Lol I read it quickly and saw "release section under ruby"
If you're selling the software it should go in the SF marketplace.

I think a general Software section would be more appropriate, software release is too broad, but, a software support and release section would be better IMHO.

And about the Ruby, it wouldn't do well right now, I don't think there are many people here to offer support in Ruby, as the language is just....weird lol. And a support section for a language not many people know will look horrible, especially to member just coming here. Think about it this way: 150 members are trying to learn Ruby and start posting support requests, 2 people here actually know it well enough to give the support.......
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(12-23-2009, 06:33 AM)Grizzly Wrote: If you're selling the software it should go in the SF marketplace.

I think a general Software section would be more appropriate, software release is too broad, but, a software support and release section would be better IMHO.

And about the Ruby, it wouldn't do well right now, I don't think there are many people here to offer support in Ruby, as the language is just....weird lol. And a support section for a language not many people know will look horrible, especially to member just coming here. Think about it this way: 150 members are trying to learn Ruby and start posting support requests, 2 people here actually know it well enough to give the support.......

Most of our software is free, only one of our programs is a paid one, but that's hasn't been fully released yet.

I agree what your saying. I'm not any good at Ruby, never tried it, just seen my mate with his programs. Ruby looked a lot like PHP, from what I saw. I know that sounds weird though, haha.
I actually want to do a "freebies" section here but I do want to have a ruby coding section too.

This site is still very new and lots of development is going to take place.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(12-27-2009, 10:00 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I actually want to do a "freebies" section here but I do want to have a ruby coding section too.

This site is still very new and lots of development is going to take place.

Aight, thanks.
Keep us updated on the development.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,234 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 761 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  ActionScript 3 Section? Mark Topper 5 670 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Deity
  Philosophical Debates Section King 23 4,351 02-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Untitled
  Dream interpretation section? Annuit Coeptis 2 583 09-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Slash