Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey, i've decided I might give a collaboration a try. If anyone would like to collaborate on a new project, just reply in this thread Smile

I want to do a remix of this song:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T28rLHZoLzs[/yt]

And so far I have the main part down, from 1:30 in the video:
http://soundcloud.com/aceinfinity/ace-attack-again

It's by far... Far from completion, but I have the main sounds, and i'm going to go from there. I might consider changing up the attack in the lead as well, and making it more of a high filter tube synth too. Maybe sync the bassline a bit more too.

I actually don't really like anything else in the song except for the part that I remixed lol. I only like the melody I did for the remix on my soundcloud.

Edit: I took the bassline out completely in the file version on my local hard drive. That bass just didn't sound in time. I couldn't get a good kick/tok, and a "rev" after the kick to match very well with a good sound, i'll work on that later..
I will try to help you with it.

I am still new to producing but i understand a little about FL studio

I have been a DJ for a while , just new to producing.
If you don't feel like doing the remix, I can produce Trance and most alike genre's as well. It's up to you.

I also need to know what you've got for a setup:

-plugins/vst's
-FL version

Just to check.
I dont mind doing anything bro.
Ur Signature says FL studio Advanced User.

So i can learn alot from you, due to the fact that being a producer is one of my dreams in life.

Also
i have a m audio delta 44 4in 4out soundcard

i am looking to buy a synth/keyboard + drumpad.

Right now i am using Fl studio 10 producer edition

here is a screen shot of my VST's

Large Image Warning.
Massive is good, but you don't have a lot of other reputable ones. I can suggest to you lots of amazing free VST's as well as paid ones if you wanted. 3xOSC that comes with FL for starters is also very powerful.
(07-27-2011, 07:21 PM)Ace Wrote: Massive is good, but you don't have a lot of other reputable ones. I can suggest to you lots of amazing free VST's as well as paid ones if you wanted. 3xOSC that comes with FL for starters is also very powerful.

Yeah i know i love Massive
and 3x0SC is amazing as well.
i will take some free vst's tho Smile
PG-8X
EpicVerb
Classic Delay

And there's another I have called "Rocket" which is a decent filter/compressor. I would highly suggest looking into a free pack called KarmaFX. It will come with a very good sounding "deelay", reverb, and all that.

Good paid for VSTs:

-Hydra
-Junglist
-BitCrusher
-CamelPhat3
-Zebra
-Sylenth1
-Z3ta
-Ohmicide
-iZotopeOzone 4
-Pro53

And for some pads I use Magnus Choir.
Hay, i might be able to help, I used to dj alot in my time

my youtube is djremix2006
No problem Smile Depending on everyone's commitment to this collaboration, I can even make it as short as a 30 second preview. Or up until a 5min song.

I can work on a melody, just to start some things off, and i'll leave it open for anyone that wants to add something to it. That way it's not pressuring anyone to get something done in a certain timeline.

I think it would be interesting to see the way it could get passed around and modified by just anyone who wants to add something to it.

For example, if I create a melody, post it in a download. Someone edits it and adds a percussion part, and provides an updated download, and so on... It might be interesting to see how far it would go if we just let people do what they want with it.
(07-28-2011, 05:03 AM)Ace Wrote: No problem Smile Depending on everyone's commitment to this collaboration, I can even make it as short as a 30 second preview. Or up until a 5min song.

I can work on a melody, just to start some things off, and i'll leave it open for anyone that wants to add something to it. That way it's not pressuring anyone to get something done in a certain timeline.

I think it would be interesting to see the way it could get passed around and modified by just anyone who wants to add something to it.

For example, if I create a melody, post it in a download. Someone edits it and adds a percussion part, and provides an updated download, and so on... It might be interesting to see how far it would go if we just let people do what they want with it.

I agree, that would be pretty cool.

I mainly produce dubstep tho so i dont know how well i will do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Strip the Audio Track from a Youtube Video §ynHax™ 5 1,741 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Agili Ron
  Experimental Track - No Time In Space AceInfinity 12 2,347 07-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  -- Ace's FL Studio Tips [Updated Frequently] -- AceInfinity 23 4,977 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  PFTrack - Track & Export Fragma 0 1,732 03-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Fragma